Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension cost to cottage renovation

Options
  • 14-02-2018 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

We are looking into buying a stone cottage and would like to get an extension to the back. I am looking just for a rough estimate of cost so I have an idea of whether we can afford to buy and do up the house. Can you help me?

We would like to run an extension all along the back of the house, running end to end 10m in length by 6m projection. flat roof with 2 large skylights, and two smaller ones.

I would like this space divided into two bedrooms, 1 ensuite and a living or kitchen area with a corridor in between. We would like three windows in total in the rooms/ensuite and two large patio doors in the kitchen area. Wood flooring throughout. We will install our own Kitchen, but will just need grounds put in place for the plumbing and wiring, the same goes for the ensuite we will just need the plumbing and wiring done.

There are two existing windows in the stone building we would want them removed and 2 openings created in the existing stone wall into the extension.

Thank you,
    jo

Advertisement