Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock 10 Mile 19th August 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I can't add much to what has been said already. First class information all week with every conceivable question someone might have about the race well answered in advance. The signage to the race headquarters was spot on, parking excellent, plenty of toilets in the school, prompt start, my new favourite race shirt, great course marhals, paper cups at water stations and a smashing finishing funnel. After race spread was a feast of sweet cakes.

Only 2 things need changing for next year....less breeze on the canal bank and more sandwiches, lots more sandwiches! :D

The race was a credit to the organising club, kudos to all involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ditto to the above, absolutely lovely course, brilliant organisation, really appreciate all the work put into it by everyone. Hope it becomes an annual event, I'll be back :)
    Nice to meet you meet you in the flesh Skyblue.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Even the start wasn’t bedlam. I was just in front of 70 min pacers and no barging or weaving going on. Nice for a change.

Nothing to add bar what was said.

Canal was tough in parts but I knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

A massive congratulations and thank you to all who organised this fantastic race. As others said, the canal was tough but today was flawless.

Will not hesitate to return next year. I don't normally travel that far for 10 miles, but I'd go back to this race in a heartbeat at any time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Thanks for all the feedback, absolutely buzzing here, all clean up is done and watching the hurling. Think half a shandy tonight and I'll be passed out!!
    Delighted and relived everyone enjoyed themselves and got around safely. Will post more about it when I get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Top work all round from everyone involved. Especially for a first attempt at this race. I'll definitely be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Echo what everyone has said above. A fantastic event that went on rails. Well done to all involved. You deserve all the plaudits and I’ll be definitely looking to do it again. Hopefully with the wife as was planned for this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well done on a great race. Had a bad day mYself but the race and marshals were brill. Loved the finish area.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I was a spectator at this race supporting my sister running her first 10 mile. Great atmosphere at the finish line while waiting on the runners. Lovely spot. All those involved seemed very relaxed. Parking was so handy, no problems getting in or out. Well done to everyone on a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Well done to all involved with this race. I will definitely be back.

Great help on here with all questions answered. Especially mine about parking which worked out perfectly for me. Got in by the train station, straight out the road to Maynooth avoiding the M4 to home and I was even on the Luas into Croke Park earlier than I had planned.

Great route, loads of parking, loads of water in cups and bins a nice distance after the water stop to put them in. Very nice setting. All the volunteers from registration to the finishing line were friendly and helpful.

Had to rush off after but next time I must stay around for a little bit after, enjoy the good atmosphere around the place.

Will be back and will be advising others to do it also.

Enjoy the well earned break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Absolutely flawless! Already looking forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭BrownEyes79

Well done to all the organisers of this race, it was a super day, I couldn’t fault any of it. I’ll definitely be back next year!

Advertisement