Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley Park concert for kids??

Options
  • 14-02-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭

My youngest is 8 and a huge Bruno Mars fan. I was thinking of taking him and his 11 year old sister to his concert in marley Park on July 12. Is is suitable for their age, has anyone else any advice on whether I should or not bring them? I've spoken to girls at work who've been there but they were in their 20's and going for a different type of concert experience.

Would appreciate any advice, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

My youngest is 8 and a huge Bruno Mars fan. I was thinking of taking him and his 11 year old sister to his concert in marley Park on July 12. Is is suitable for their age, has anyone else any advice on whether I should or not bring them? I've spoken to girls at work who've been there but they were in their 20's and going for a different type of concert experience.

Would appreciate any advice, thank you.

It's a big open space, if you're worried just hang at the back, or if there's a pit area queue early for wristbands and stay near the back barrier, I've seen plenty of people bring kids to concerts there and Bruno Mars shouldn't attract a dodgy crowd. There's also plenty of food options, ice cream, pizza etc, so better bring the big purse.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I wouldn't personally. You'll have to stand way back to get a space comfortable enough for you to watch them and they may not see much. Also it'll be dark so you'll have to constantly watch them like a hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

There are no age restrictions in place for this - other than the usual must be accompanied by parent / guardian so guess its a personal choice
    If it was me I wouldnt and I would wait for an indoor show
    Personal preference though
    How are they with standing for long periods?
    If you decide to bring them I would go early and get pit passes and stand at the back of the pit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Bring 'em along. They'll never forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Thank you all, it's a 50/50 decision. I took my eldest to macklemore for his first concert and my second to one direction.... They both loved it and so did I, but both were also seated. Youngest loves Bruno but the fact that it is outdoors and free standing I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement