Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines chocs- out of date

Options
  • 14-02-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭

So I bought the missus some chocolates in M&S the other day for Valentines day.

Only noticed today that the expiry date on them is 12/Feb/2018. They were on display with all the other Valentines stuff ...and certainly not on special offer

Bad form on this i think....chocolates should have a much longer expiry date...and certainly not before the date they are being advertised for.

Anybody else have similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

If you have then receipt then just bring it back to the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

davo2001 wrote: »
    If you have then receipt then just bring it back to the store?

I dont have the receipt....and its not worth the hassle to bring it back. just thought its bad form....and wondering if anybody else got caught out or if I'm just unlucky on it.

I'm sure the chocolates will still be eaten though!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There was probably a grand long use by date when they went on sale the first time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Klinkhammer

It's not an offence to sell goods past their expiry date. Bad form though.

I'd say they're grand anyway. Not much will have changed in 2 days.

I imagine they have a best before rather than a use by date.

If so they are probably fine to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I imagine they have a best before rather than a use by date.

If so they are probably fine to eat.

Best before date rather than use by

Taste fine to the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

daheff wrote: »
    I dont have the receipt....and its not worth the hassle to bring it back. just thought its bad form....and wondering if anybody else got caught out or if I'm just unlucky on it.

I'm sure the chocolates will still be eaten though!

Had the same issue with Mince Pies, dropped them a message on facebook and they sorted it out even without the receipt.

Advertisement