Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Career Guidance Please

Options
  • 14-02-2018 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Consider myself, Shaken.

I'm currently in Transition Year and am hoping to study to become a secondary school teacher of English and History in Trinity. I'm not at all familiar with the terms under-graduate and post-graduate and the whole thing basically freaks me out a bit. I have a career guidance teacher but in all honesty she hasn't updated her careers portfolio since Noah came to her asking how to get into the ark-building business! I would really appreciate if anyone (and I mean anyone) could offer some useful and assuring(!) info on Trinity's post-primary teaching course or any other University's for that matter. Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

If you want to go into teaching you will be picking english and history through the TSM route which is Two-Subject Moderatorship. Under grad is what concerns you. undergraduate degree is usually your first university degree, such as a Bachelor's degree. You can undertake postgraduate study after you have completed a degree or have equivalent work experience
    Trinity doesnt provide direct teacher training for second level like some universities so you would do 4 years and then do a masters in education

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SOStudent

Thanks for the reply, you've been a massive help.

Would you have any idea on the average amount of points you'd need to do history and english as a TSM?

Advertisement