Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get eir fibre or not?

Options
  • 14-02-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi to eir staff on here,

I have a question re: fibre rollout. I work from home and can't wait for fibre to be available (I take a lot of Lync/Skype calls). My town exchange and another cabinet at other end of our town have been upgraded. I live on the edge of town in an estate and per the fibrerollout.ie map we are in a green 'live' area. However, when I enter my phone number and eircode it says we are 'outside of a commercial deployment' fibre rollout area and are to be covered via the NBP, which is surprising as there are lots of other houses and another couple of estates within a couple of hundred metres. 

What also worries/annoys/confuses me is that one of the rural 300k fibre routes is planned to run along the road right outside our estate and if I check the eircode for some of the more rural houses a few miles out this road it looks like they will be upgraded in the first half of this year as part of rural 300K, whereas us in town, with a much higher density of houses, will not (surely we are more commercially viable for eir?).

Confusingly, I actually received a call from an eir representative tonight (prompting this message to you) to say that I was eligible for a fibre upgrade. I told her that per the map I wasn't. She went off to check and when she came back she said the system had crashed and that perhaps my name had been put in the wrong list! She then said she would put a note in the system to have me called back at some stage. Anyway, I would love to get this clarified asap as the sooner I can get fibre the better. 

Thoughts?

Best,

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

jdobren123 wrote: »
    Hi to eir staff on here,

I have a question re: fibre rollout. I work from home and can't wait for fibre to be available (I take a lot of Lync/Skype calls). My town exchange and another cabinet at other end of our town have been upgraded. I live on the edge of town in an estate and per the fibrerollout.ie map we are in a green 'live' area. However, when I enter my phone number and eircode it says we are 'outside of a commercial deployment' fibre rollout area and are to be covered via the NBP, which is surprising as there are lots of other houses and another couple of estates within a couple of hundred metres. 

What also worries/annoys/confuses me is that one of the rural 300k fibre routes is planned to run along the road right outside our estate and if I check the eircode for some of the more rural houses a few miles out this road it looks like they will be upgraded in the first half of this year as part of rural 300K, whereas us in town, with a much higher density of houses, will not (surely we are more commercially viable for eir?).

Confusingly, I actually received a call from an eir representative tonight (prompting this message to you) to say that I was eligible for a fibre upgrade. I told her that per the map I wasn't. She went off to check and when she came back she said the system had crashed and that perhaps my name had been put in the wrong list! She then said she would put a note in the system to have me called back at some stage. Anyway, I would love to get this clarified asap as the sooner I can get fibre the better. 

Thoughts?

Best,

J
    Hi jdobren123 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement