Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadlands Part I - Riding Out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Silas goes to his cart and opens the box, he retrieves the gun inside and points at the boulder blocking their path and blasts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reed spurs his horse away from the lunatic with the big gun. He watches from a safe distance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

A torrent of green energy rushes outward from the gun, accompanied by white screaming steam rising from the back of the gun.

The boulder contracts down to the size of a man, exposing a cavern behind it. The cavern seems to lead in the direction of the ranch house.

OOC: Okay I am off for the night.

Silas attempts to push the smaller boulder out of the way of the path, "give me a hand, I dont think this will stay small forever."

• Advertisement

Reed rides up and looks at Silas oddly.

'What kinda voodoo sh1t you got in that gun boy?'

He hops down off his horse and helps to shove the boulder from the entrance.

The boulder is moved aside easily, before a strange green effect covers its surface and it returns to normal size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I lead the way

Reed follows.

Silas check the corpse for identy papers or for anything of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Lysette gives the boulder such a look, muttering, but follows.

sKeith wrote: »
    Silas check the corpse for identy papers or for anything of interest.
    The corpse does have on or two letters on it, from a "Morgan". In the letters she addresses the recipient as Hank and makes the odd joke about him being one eyed.

No doubt about it, this was Hank Ketchum.

The posse enter the cavern beneath canyon walls, eventually they come to a ladder leading upward with a trapdoor at its top.

Fourier wrote: »
    The posse enter the cavern beneath canyon walls, eventually they come to a ladder leading upward with a trapdoor at its top.

Up I go I suppose

Cast armour, if successful I'll climb up

Edit : rolled 1, faith die reduced to d6 till next successful miracle

Silas load the corpse onto his cart then follows the others.

Tigger wrote: »
    Up I go I suppose
    Thornbury opens up the trapdoor and enters into a farmstead kitchen. As he looks around he sees that an untouched meal has rotted on its plate in front of him. The dinner table is stylish enough, capable of seating at least twelve people. This was at least a ranch holders house judging from the wealth and finery he sees around him, including some fancy cigars from Texas.

The kitchen has a door leading outside and one leading into some kind of drawing room.

Banjo wrote: »
    Cast armour, if successful I'll climb up

Edit : rolled 1, faith die reduced to d6 till next successful miracle
    As Lysette beseeches the Loa, she hears a weird laughter rush through the tunnel and the shadows churl into sneering faces.

"We no listen ta ya garl, ya find yar own way oudda dis won"

Thornbury opens up the trapdoor and enters into a farmstead kitchen. As he looks around he sees that an untouched meal has rotted on its plate in front of him. The dinner table is stylish enough, capable of seating at least twelve people. This was at least a ranch holders house judging from the wealth and finery he sees around him, including some fancy cigars from Texas.

The kitchen has a door leading outside and one leading into some kind of drawing room.

I cast detect arcane

OOC: Spellcasting roll

• Advertisement

Shaken (but not in the SW sense!) Lysette climbs up the ladder. She pockets the cigars if no one gets there first.

Thornbury closes his eyes and flicks a card into the center of the room.

Nine of clubs. One moderately large supernatural is somewhere in the vicinity.

I go into the drawing room

The drawing room contains a large portrait of a fat ranching tycoon in a suit, with pocket watch in his hand and a fairly stern expression. The name reads "Harlan Stanton".

The rest of the drawing room is essentially chairs, a globe with whisky in it and a newspaper from a few months ago with an article on the quality of Stanton horses.

Following in, Lysette picks up the paper to skim the article

The drawing room contains a large portrait of a fat ranching tycoon in a suit, with pocket watch in his hand and a fairly stern expression. The name reads "Harlan Stanton".

The rest of the drawing room is essentially chairs, a globe with whisky in it and a newspaper from a few months ago with an article on the quality of Stanton horses.

I sniff the whiskey

Banjo wrote: »
    Following in, Lysette picks up the paper to skim the article
    The article is quite complimentary, claiming they are the best horses in Arizona territory and have been selected as the mounts for the expeditionary branch of the Texas Rangers.

Despite the seriousness of his portrait, Harlan comes across as a humble individual in the article and Lysette notices an element of sadness in the photograph taken for the article.

Tigger wrote: »
    I sniff the whiskey
    Surprisingly the whiskey smells of decent quality, though not at the level one would expect given the wealth of the place.

For show perhaps?

The article is quite complimentary, claiming they are the best horses in Arizona territory and have been selected as the mounts for the expeditionary branch of the Texas Rangers.

Despite the seriousness of his portrait, Harlan comes across as a humble individual in the article and Lysette notices an element of sadness in the photograph taken for the article.

I search the room properly lookinvbbehins the picture for the safe etc

• Advertisement

What's the paper? Who wrote the article?
    Also, compare the photo and portrait, see if anything jumps out.

Advertisement