Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadlands Part I - Riding Out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    The General Store has everything one would expect, but slightly more expensive.

OOC: 1.2 times Players Handbook and just the common items on p.52-53

i'll take saddle bags ans 10 rations and oil and rope and a lantern and matches
    lights cigar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"That'll be $9.70 Sir" the clerk announces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Silas ask the clerk if they have seen or heard from kethcum lately.

"Ain't seen him around in a while actually...."

He thinks

"...he bought a horse and rode out of town. About two weeks ago."

"Which direction out of town?"

• Advertisement

"If I remember it was SouthEast into the Dragoon Mountain foothills."

OOC: In case this is confusing, the Mountains themselves are northeast of tombstone, but the foothills are southeast.

I'll stop here for tonight.

ooc: okay

"Do you happen to remember did he buy himself any rations to take with him on his horse journey?"

OOC: if he did, buy same amount.

Do we need horse rations in spring? Any way I’ll also have the same amount and would we need winter coats ?

happy with my purchases i head accross the road to the crystal saloon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sKeith wrote: »
    ooc: okay

"Do you happen to remember did he buy himself any rations to take with him on his horse journey?"

OOC: if he did, buy same amount.

Lysette storms in, slapping her hand down on his money, her other on the hilt of her knife.
    "Watch got in dat cahtta yoz, dyab-langle!"
    She notices the clerk, smiles sweetly and in a deep voice says
    "Three days o' trail rations, please'n thank'n yuh sir"
    then turns back to scowling at Silas.

• Advertisement

Addressing Lysettes question, "I've constructed a tamper proof box, that on tampering, disintegrates the tamperer. Its quite fun to leave it at the back of my wagon, just waiting for some fool to stop minding their own business."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reed leans against the General Store wall outside, chewing on some tobacco.

He rolls his eyes at the seemingly angry rasta.

'From the Rebels to this here crowd uh no-goods... when am I gonna catch muhself a break?' He thinks to himself.

Addressing Lysettes question, "I've constructed a tamper proof box, that on tampering, disintegrates the tamperer. Its quite fun to leave it at the back of my wagon, just waiting for some fool to stop minding their own business."

"Ya messin' wi'tings yah donunnastahnd, and dem is mi'bidniz!" She punctuates each of the last 4 syllables by bumping the hilt of her knife against his chest before sheathing it again. She takes her rations and leaves, spitting "damn fou angle!" as she leaves.

OOC : conflicted... since she's partnered with a mad scientist before she should be well aware of the chicanery that powers them, so this shouldn't be an issue, but then again after what happened last time she'd still be wary...

Silas says to the clerk, "I really do think that one should be in an idiot asylum or a madhouse. i'll have a pound of coffee and a pound of bacon when you are ready there sir."

Reed watches the rasta leave the store with anger in her eyes.

'If yuh gon' travel with us yuh should let these things lie. Let 'em simmer under the surface, till it all boils up and someone gets hurt. That's muh advice miss. Take it or leave it.'

He resumes chewing his tobacco.

"Ha! Lass time summin lyk dis 'boyul up' a hoooool lolla moun fe mal, an i'wunna me! You wanna keep breedin', ya stay way frum dat zidol!"

She shakes a small rattle in a complicated pattern at a safe distance around the cart, occasionally darting forward, then returns to her horse to comfort it.

Reed snorts.

'Chicken rasta, who'd a thunk it?'

He picks up a stone and throws it at Silas's cart.

'Oh, yuh, I'm shakin' in muh boots! What yuh think you're doin anyhap - studyin' to be a half-wit?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    Reed snorts.

'Chicken rasta, who'd a thunk it?'

He picks up a stone and throws it at Silas's cart.

'Oh, yuh, I'm shakin' in muh boots! What yuh think you're doin anyhap - studyin' to be a half-wit?'
    "Way, way, study rrrreel ard. Plenti ta lurn - Yuh be grayt teechur. Nah hush ya boosh, mwen no punch so'moun fore ya put on som pants."

Reed throws another stone at the wagon.

'Don't yuh think if I had any money I wouldn't leave muh ass hangin' in the breeze like this?'

He opens the store door.

'Silas, yuh makin' love to a bear in there or wut?'

Bitch I’m here to eat sandwiches and kick ass
    And I’m all outva sandwiches

• Advertisement

Silas, having finished up with his convesation with the shopkeeper, who told him that Hank had raced out of town like the Devil 'imself was after 'em, not bothering about rations for his horse or any other supplies, leaves the shop and returns to his wagon, "yo Reed, stop throwing stones at my wagon or it'll fall apart."

Silas, having finished up with his convesation with the shopkeeper, who told him that Hank had raced out of town like the Devil 'imself was after 'em, not bothering about rations for his horse or any other supplies, leaves the shop and returns to his wagon, "yo Reed, stop throwing stones at my wagon or it'll fall apart."

Reed, in the process of finding another stone, hears Silas and stops.

'Finally. Can we get goin'? Or do we need to eat some sammiches before we ride out?'

"yeah, lets go find hank, no time like the present"

Lysette stands.
    "Mwen parray pou allay. Lessgo!"

OOC: Alright lads, Deadlands on Sunday night. :D

The group set out toward the Dragoon Mountain foothills, with the sun high in the sky....

Fourier wrote: »
    The group set out toward the Dragoon Mountain foothills, with the sun high in the sky....
    I lead the way

Reed follows behind, his ass quite sore now from all this riding without pants.

Silas removes his rifle from its boot, ensures its loaded and ready to shoot and keeps it handy, then follows after Thornbury.

• Advertisement

A quarter o' the way to the Stanton manor the group sees a crashed gyrocopter in the distance. The rider has long withered to just a skeleton bleach by the Sonoran sun. In the back of the gyrocopter there is a metal crate.

On a mushroom rock near the gyrocopter, a small pack of coyote's watch the posse.

Advertisement