Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orwell Randonnee 2018

Options
  • 14-02-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Folks

The waiting is over - just to let you know that the Orwell Randonnee is back again this year.
    The event is open for registration at the following link https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-randonnee-2018-tickets-42215161685, details are also available on the club website.

Looking forward to seeing you on the day to take on what is one of the toughest events in the leisure calendar.

One critical thing to remember is the Carrot Cake will be making an appearance again this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

My favourite event of the year, even though it includes THE WALL!!!!
    You didn't mention burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bummer - working that day! :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Been threatening to do this for a couple of years. Maybe this will be the year...I'm a bit of a fairweather cyclist, can yee look after the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'm in!!
    One of the best days out last year, despite the atrocious headwind up the Sally Gap the last time.

WA, pull a sickie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭py

Was a great event last year, grueling but great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Daroxtar wrote: »
    WA, pull a sickie ;)
    if it was anyone else, i'd say 'hah. he'll probably end up doing that on the wall'.

but instead, i have to awkwardly shoehorn that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

I'm in :cool:. Can't wait....always a great event!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

andy69 wrote: »
    I'm in :cool:. Can't wait....always a great event!!

I’d love to ride this... gutted... can’t make it. Will have to do it unofficially another time :) course looks epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Signed up for the long one. Hoping its not outside my ability but have some time to train.

Longest ride to date is 100k with 950 meters elevation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bummer - working that day! :(

Feck I think I am too after I made a big song and dance about coming in that weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 fergalos

Eamonnator wrote: »
    My favourite event of the year, even though it includes THE WALL!!!!
    You didn't mention burgers?

Don’t worry - The Burgers are back again this year.

Been threatening to do this for a couple of years. Maybe this will be the year...I'm a bit of a fairweather cyclist, can yee look after the weather?

This is your year to do it, we have put a request in for the weather but not sure how successful we will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭lissard

Just signed up again, best event of the year in my experience . Hopefully Mother Nature can oblige by not blowing a gale down from the Sally Gap on the last ascent, nearly finished me last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

fergalos wrote: »
    Don’t worry - The (Gourmet) Burgers are back again this year.

On the assumption that you couldn't possibly go back to the "basic" version, I'm in again this year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

On the assumption that you couldn't possibly go back to the "basic" version, I'm in again this year :p

Me too.

lissard wrote: »
    Just signed up again, best event of the year in my experience . Hopefully Mother Nature can oblige by not blowing a gale down from the Sally Gap on the last ascent, nearly finished me last year!

I'm glad you feel that this is the best event of the year and that you are coming back for another year. We have put in the request to Mother to be nice on the Climbs, not sure of our level of influence😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

signed up now with a couple of mates, it'll be the toughest cycle I've done in a few years and am very much looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

....except that The Wall is about quarter the width of that and leaves one very susceptible to getting 'boxed in' if arriving with a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GabbaTheHutt

Hi all,
    I was talking to one of the Orwell Randonnee committee today and apparently it is filling up quickly! If anyone is still on the fence about signing up do it soon and spread the word:)

He also said he is guaranteeing better weather this year;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Hi all, I was talking to one of the Orwell Randonnee committee today and apparently it is filling up quickly! If anyone is still on the fence about signing up do it soon and spread the word
    Ok, that was enough for me to commit for my debut!

If you are thinking of entering - I would advise you to get your entry in soon, the numbers are coming in quickly and you don't want to miss out on what is possibly one of the toughest events in the Leisure events calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Signed up for this during the week but dia anyone know what time it actually rolls out at? It doesn't seem to say anywhere that I can see

fat bloke wrote: »
    Signed up for this during the week but dia anyone know what time it actually rolls out at? It doesn't seem to say anywhere that I can see

Hi

The actual start is at 09.00 - an email will be sent out to all cyclists later this evening or tomorrow with the final details of sign on etc.

Why was it moved from it's normal Saturday?

(I'm just jealous because it now falls on my weekend to work. :()

Why was it moved from it's normal Saturday?

(I'm just jealous because it now falls on my weekend to work. :()

It has been on the May bank holiday weekend for a while now.

fergalos wrote: »
    It has been on the May bank holiday weekend for a while now.
    Yes - I suppose if the Bank Holiday is well into May it won't work for me. I thought it was always on the last Saturday in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Is this sold out? The Eventbrite page is saying sales ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭C3PO

P_1 wrote: »
    Is this sold out? The Eventbrite page is saying sales ended.

Seems to be - just tried to enter myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

C3PO wrote: »
    Seems to be - just tried to enter myself.

Bugger

Advertisement