Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension

• 14-02-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I paid into a pension for about 7 years until 2010 when I was made redundant. Is it possible to release that pension now. Or what options do I have. I'm 32.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,080 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not unless you are seriously ill. There's a cut off point of 2 years where you can get refunded, other than that it's stuck until retirement age.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EGavigan

It's incorrect to say that he has to wait until retirement age.

Assuming that you were a member of an occupational pension scheme, if you leave the employment you can mature your pension under early retirement from age 50. You can also mature early with some other products. If you want definitive advice you need to meet with a competent advisor.

This is a good illustration of the wisdom of seeking financial advice on the internet. The above incorrect answer has been here since 14 February and nobody knew enough to correct it.

Cheap can be very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

EGavigan wrote: »
    It's incorrect to say that he has to wait until retirement age.

Assuming that you were a member of an occupational pension scheme, if you leave the employment you can mature your pension under early retirement from age 50. You can also mature early with some other products. If you want definitive advice you need to meet with a competent advisor.

This is a good illustration of the wisdom of seeking financial advice on the internet. The above incorrect answer has been here since 14 February and nobody knew enough to correct it.

Cheap can be very expensive.

Amuse me, what products can 'mature' retirement benefits before 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EGavigan

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Amuse me, what products can 'mature' retirement benefits before 50?

I don't see any mention of maturing before age 50.

Advertisement