Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRICE INCREASES (CONSUMERS BE AWARE!!!!!)

Options
  • 14-02-2018 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭

Hello Eir people

During the week I received a letter basically telling me that my Bill was going up €6 per month and that i could cancel if I didnt like it. Complete surprise to me so, given I am only 3 months into a contract.

No breakdown or justification has been provided for this increase.

On further examination I see that Eir made a statement in September, 2017 saying that there would be price increases effecting 1/3 of its customers. Given this increase precedes my joining I am wondering how another price increase is now being applied. Is there a policy of getting people into contracts and then hitting them with the price increases ?

I would be grateful if you could furnish me with a list of the price increases that you have applied to your customers over the past 3 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

STB. wrote: »
    Hello Eir people

During the week I received a letter basically telling me that my Bill was going up €6 per month and that i could cancel if I didnt like it.  Complete surprise to me so, given I am only 3 months into a contract.

On further examination I see that Eir made a statement in September, 2017 saying that there would be price increases effecting 1/3 of its customers. Given this increase precedes my joining I am wondering how another price increase is now being applied.  Is there a policy of getting people into contracts and then hitting them with the price increases ?

I would be grateful if you could furnish me with a list of the price increases that you have applied to your customers over the past 3 years.
    Hi STB.,

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately, I cannot furnish the list you are looking for.

All information on the price increase is available on the below link

https://www.eir.ie/pressroom/eircom-Announces-Price-Changes/ 

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MunsterDos01

Hello Eir people

During the week I received a letter basically telling me that my Bill was going up €6 per month and that i could cancel if I didnt like it.  Complete surprise to me so, given I am only 3 months into a contract.

On further examination I see that Eir made a statement in September, 2017 saying that there would be price increases effecting 1/3 of its customers. Given this increase precedes my joining I am wondering how another price increase is now being applied.  Is there a policy of getting people into contracts and then hitting them with the price increases ?

I have a suspicion it is in their business model to hit people with price increase 3 months into their contracts.
    I signed up to a tv and broadband contract and was hit with a €5 increase roughly 3 months in. I accepted the increase and continued with that contract. Once that contract was finished I rang them and they gave me a new contract with a six month discount like I was a new customer. Then the other day I received a notice that it is increasing by €6. This is 4 months into that contract. This time however I will be cancelling my contract.
    Vodafone have a better offer and no one could possible have any worse customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Yes MunsterDos01 it most certainly does seem to be their business model. How sharp of them.

What they are infact doing is using this as a barter system to extend the contract duration again and in return the extra charges being dropped.

So what assurances do you have that they will not try it again if you extend your contract ? Well Eir tell me that they do not apply (and presumably thats a legislative protection)any further increases within the same contract duration.

Its a fairly disgusting business approach to agree a contract and then seek to change it three months in. There is something seriously wrong in the legislation that there are no repercussions for this type behaviour. More light touch regulation..... represhensible.

Oh and finally Eir reps have a word with your employers, justifying a price increase with a party line of "its to improve the services for all customers" is an insult to the intelliegence of your customers.

Yes MunsterDos01 it most certainly does seem to b their business model.  How sharp of them.

What they are infact doing is using this as a barter system to extend the contract duration again and in return the extra charges being dropped.

So what assurances do you have that they will not try it again if you extend your contract ?  Well Eir tell me that they do not apply (and presumably thats a legislative protection)any further increases within the same contract duration.

Its a fairly disgusting business approach to agree a contract and then seek to change it three months in.  There is something seriously wrong in the legislation that there are no repercussions for this type behaviour.  More light touch regulation.....

Oh and finally Eir reps have a word with your employers, justifying a price increase with a party line of "its to improve the services for all customers" is an insult to the intelliegence of your customers.
    I will pass all of your feedback on to the relevant department.

Thanks

thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Hello Eir people

Hi STB.,

Thanks

Thomas
    error page not found on the link you supplied can you supply the correct link please

• Advertisement

pmce4 wrote: »
    Hello Eir people

Hi STB.,

Thanks

Thomas
    error page not found on the link you supplied can you supply the correct link please
    Apologies, please see the correct link below.

https://www.eir.ie/pricingupdate/

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Hey Thomas, Can you clarify whether eir will be seeking that handsets be returned if the user chooses to cancel their contract?

joecass123 wrote: »
    Hey Thomas, Can you clarify whether eir will be seeking that handsets be returned if the user chooses to cancel their contract?
    Hi joecass123,

If you choose to withdraw from the contract without penalty and have any queries on this, we have a dedicated team set up to advise you on 1800 303 466.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Hope you don't mind me adding this to your thread STB.

I was caught napping by eir and I feel **** over it. It was my fault but [snipped]

I saw the thread on here back in September about the price increase. I never got any letter so I rang eir back in September and they said 'nope it doesn't effect you, you won't get any price increase.'
    I was a little disappointed as I would have liked to exit the contract.

However, the other day I noticed a €6 increase. I spoke to some 'genius' on the live chat and all they could do after a lot of poxing around was clarify there was an increase on my account.

So, called the 1901, was put through to the 'loyalty department.'
    They could see I called back in September but according to them I wasn't 'eligible' at the time for the price increase, but instead they put a flyer in with my bill in January to tell me about my price increase starting from March.

Yes my fault for not seeing the flyer, if there ever was one in with the bill but sneaky of them when I was told point blank that there wouldn't be a price increase.

I've 3 months left on my contract, I'll see how it goes.

Advertisement