Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rás na hÉireann 18/02/2018

Options
  • 14-02-2018 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

The 48th running of the Larry McGuill Rás na hÉireann takes place this Sunday, hosted by Dunleer AC. We have a full programme of juvenile, junior, senior and master races taking place in the beautiful setting of Oldbridge estate just outside Drogheda. Less than 30 mins from Dublin!

Open to all including non club runners.

Kicking off at 12pm we have juvenile races from U9-17's, then senior and master races starting at 1.30pm.

It's only €5 for juvenile races, and €10 for seniors/masters. We have trophies, prize money and medals.

Register online:
    https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/RasnahEireann2018

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/R%C3%A1s-na-h%C3%89ireann-582683395142109/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I should add, this is a cross country event! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

pconn062 wrote: »
    I should add, this is a cross country event! :)

And a proper one with the state Olbridge is in. It should be some craic. Sick I'm going to miss it. Will the hill be in action this year?

jamule wrote: »
    And a proper one with the state Olbridge is in. It should be some craic. Sick I'm going to miss it. Will the hill be in action this year?

Yes the OPW has given us back the hill, so up it 4 times for the men, 2 times for the women. Should be a decent mudfest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Did this yesterday, and while I hated running it and told myself to stick with road running in future, I have to say I was so impressed with how well run the event is! Super efficient, and really friendly, helpful volunteers. Not to mention the shouts of (much-needed) encouragement from them all :)

ReeReeG wrote: »
    Did this yesterday, and while I hated running it and told myself to stick with road running in future, I have to say I was so impressed with how well run the event is! Super efficient, and really friendly, helpful volunteers. Not to mention the shouts of (much-needed) encouragement from them all :)

Glad you enjoyed it, it was tough but great fun all the same. Thanks for supporting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement