Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling plant containers

Options
  • 14-02-2018 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

The recycling centre in Wicklow won't take the empty containers that bedding plants came in. They say they have the "6" symbol on them.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bray aren't that fussy in my experience. Save them up until you're passing?

Help the environment, drive 50km round trip to the recycling centre!

Or stick them in the black/purple bin, obvs.

edit: I've got about 150 black plastic plant pots if anyone wants some! They're about 3L size I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Put them in the recycling bin at home and let them sort them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I took a car-full of old plant pots and some other stuff to the recycling centre, they weighed the car on the way in and again on the way out, and the plant pots were so light that the entire load cost me €10 as general rubbish. I though that was reasonable value, I can get a heck of a lot of stuff in my car!

I would point out that the only problem with this plan is that all the spiders and other creepy crawlies that have been hiding in the pots come wandering out as you are driving, you would not want to be easily alarmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My car smells like a tree's arse already. A few spiders won't make it any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Last time I had a load of plant pots, I was heading past Sonairte. I asked if they could use them, and they said yes, so that was my solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement