Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT is eir doing to me now??!!

Options
  • 14-02-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

(Preliminary disclaimer: I am not angry at the person who will be reading this, but I am unbelievably infuriated at the systems in eir that have let me down and did not return me to full service continually since 14th December!)

Re: Account number <snip> as of today, 14 Feb, 2018.

(eir Rep: Please look up information before you reply saying how sorry you are about all this and ask me the Account number and my name. Just saying.)

14 Feb, 2018: I got an email from eir this late afternoon saying:
    "You have removed some services from your eir bundle. We’re sorry that you no longer want these services from us..."

> > > I DID NOT REQUEST REMOVAL OF ANY SERVICE! < < <

I now have no landline.

This is a very serious problem for me as I am in a very poor mobile signal "bowl" - cannot carry on an intelligible conversation via my mobile phone, UNLESS it's via Viber.

If this is a temporary cut off because they are going to reconnect via standard line instead of the screwed up VOBB (?) that was never supposed to be put in (KN error or eir order error)... then LET ME KNOW THAT!!!

I am beside myself with fury and frustration!

18th SEPTEMBER 2018:  I switched from regular broadband and standard landline to eir fibre very successfully, happily, ecstatically.  Everything was hunky dory... UNTIL I was being double billed for the previous regular internet & phone account. I tried twice to get that stopped and to get a final bill for the regular account.

14th DECEMBER 2017: In the 2nd attempt to solve the double billing problem (I did not owe any money, btw; in fact, I have a CREDIT balance of €35.36 ), my wonderful eir fibre account was CEASED! (Great timing at Christmas) because the rep had no access to the old account and was trying to credit my current account with the amount from the other account (crazy way to do things... obviously!). ?!?!?

5TH JANUARY 2018: It took twenty-two (22) days to get my internet reinstated and I had to accept a NEW @#?%ing NUMBER.

The order WAS COMMUNICATED POORLY: I already had all equipment in place. I did NOT need an installation. I didn't realise the 5th Jan reconnect appointment date was for a full reinstallation of equipment.  The KN guy arrived expecting to do a full installation. He did change how my phone was connected, and thus escalated this debacle.

But the phone line didn't go active that day.

10th JAN 2018: the landline finally came on... but: calls from mobiles got the error recording: "The number you have dialled is not in service..." !!! ????  SINCE THEN various tech people have been working on it.
    2 ref numbers, one being 284 49 69, and the last one EIR-FVP-21791558 logged 11th Jan. They were staying in communication, but haven't heard anything for a while.

Then I get this ridiculous email today saying I changed my services. ???!!!!

I've just checked my fault status, and lo and behold, no faults for this account.
    SO THIS IS HOW THEY CLEAR THEM?

Someone who knows what is going on needs to CALL ME ON VIBER (I will PM the number, but it should be on record with the account number).

I CANNOT NOW RING 1901. I HAVE ONLY MOBILE NOW, AND NO SIGNAL HERE. I AM UNWILLING TO WASTE MY PETROL AND FREEZE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SOMEWHERE THAT HAS GOOD SIGNAL.

I am older, retired, and partially disabled. This is causing huge stress.  I have spent hours on hold, hours talking to people who tried to help, hours typing requests for help and keeping DETAILED RECORDS of everything that has happened. I have done NOTHING wrong, a point with which eir agrees.  It's just mind-boggling.

It's too much work, just to have phone and internet and be billed accurately. Seems so simple...

I have been without complete service from 14th December until 14th February (62 days), and still counting...  I just want my standard landline. PLEASE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

(Preliminary disclaimer: I am not angry at the person who will be reading this, but I am unbelievably infuriated at the systems in eir that have let me down and did not return me to full service continually since 14th December!)

Re: Account number <snip> as of today, 14 Feb, 2018.

(eir Rep: Please look up information before you reply saying how sorry you are about all this and ask me the Account number and my name. Just saying.)

14 Feb, 2018: I got an email from eir this late afternoon saying:
    "You have removed some services from your eir bundle. We’re sorry that you no longer want these services from us..."

> > > I DID NOT REQUEST REMOVAL OF ANY SERVICE! < < <

I now have no landline.

This is a very serious problem for me as I am in a very poor mobile signal "bowl" - cannot carry on an intelligible conversation via my mobile phone, UNLESS it's via Viber.

If this is a temporary cut off because they are going to reconnect via standard line instead of the screwed up VOBB (?) that was never supposed to be put in (KN error or eir order error)... then LET ME KNOW THAT!!!

I am beside myself with fury and frustration!

18th SEPTEMBER 2018:  I switched from regular broadband and standard landline to eir fibre very successfully, happily, ecstatically.  Everything was hunky dory... UNTIL I was being double billed for the previous regular internet & phone account. I tried twice to get that stopped and to get a final bill for the regular account.

14th DECEMBER 2017: In the 2nd attempt to solve the double billing problem (I did not owe any money, btw; in fact, I have a CREDIT balance of €35.36 ), my wonderful eir fibre account was CEASED! (Great timing at Christmas) because the rep had no access to the old account and was trying to credit my current account with the amount from the other account (crazy way to do things... obviously!). ?!?!?

5TH JANUARY 2018: It took twenty-two (22) days to get my internet reinstated and I had to accept a NEW @#?%ing NUMBER.

The order WAS COMMUNICATED POORLY: I already had all equipment in place. I did NOT need an installation. I didn't realise the 5th Jan reconnect appointment date was for a full reinstallation of equipment.  The KN guy arrived expecting to do a full installation. He did change how my phone was connected, and thus escalated this debacle.

But the phone line didn't go active that day.

10th JAN 2018: the landline finally came on... but: calls from mobiles got the error recording: "The number you have dialled is not in service..." !!! ????  SINCE THEN various tech people have been working on it.
    2 ref numbers, one being 284 49 69, and the last one EIR-FVP-21791558 logged 11th Jan. They were staying in communication, but haven't heard anything for a while.

Then I get this ridiculous email today saying I changed my services. ???!!!!

I've just checked my fault status, and lo and behold, no faults for this account.
    SO THIS IS HOW THEY CLEAR THEM?

Someone who knows what is going on needs to CALL ME ON VIBER (I will PM the number, but it should be on record with the account number).

I CANNOT NOW RING 1901. I HAVE ONLY MOBILE NOW, AND NO SIGNAL HERE. I AM UNWILLING TO WASTE MY PETROL AND FREEZE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SOMEWHERE THAT HAS GOOD SIGNAL.

I am older, retired, and partially disabled. This is causing huge stress.  I have spent hours on hold, hours talking to people who tried to help, hours typing requests for help and keeping DETAILED RECORDS of everything that has happened. I have done NOTHING wrong, a point with which eir agrees.  It's just mind-boggling.

It's too much work, just to have phone and internet and be billed accurately. Seems so simple...

I have been without complete service from 14th December until 14th February (62 days), and still counting...  I just want my standard landline. PLEASE.
    Hi Banished-She,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I cannot arrange for a member of our support team to call you back on Viber, we cannot facilitate this request, unfortunately.

The only thing I can suggest to have this investigated and resolved. Would be to contact our support team on 1901.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Thanks for reply, Thomas.

I understand that YOU may not be able to arrange for a member of the support team (or some other "team") to call me back on Viber, but someone in eir CAN facilitate this request. Viber is FREE to anyone w/ a smart phone. Anyone in eir could ring me from a mobile via Viber.

IT IS EIR WHO HAS PUT ME IN THIS POSITION, BECAUSE OF UNUSUAL SITUATIONS WITHIN EIR, SO EIR NEED TO MAKE EXCEPTIONAL EFFORT TO RETURN MY SERVICE TO WHAT IT WAS ON 13 DECEMBER BEFORE EIR AND ITS POORLY DESIGNED IT SYSTEM WRECKED IT THROUGH NO FAULT OF MINE.

I am in an isolated rural area. I am not in good health. I had to retire fro work due to my health, and now trying to deal with this situation which is NOT MY FAULT has been like work! My situation limits my ability to jaunt to another location to use their phone, SINCE I HAVE NO LANDLINE NOW (NOT MY FAULT) and I am in a no-mobile-signal area.

This is amounting to torture and harassment by eir. Everything was just great from 18 September 2017 until I started getting double bills. (NOT MY FAULT)

Then on 14 Dec, in trying to solve that, I lost my whole perfect eir fibre account. (NOT MY FAULT)

I was extremely patient for 62 days waiting for full reinstatement of my services and then further for my telephone line to be able to receive calls from mobiles as well as landlines. (NOT MY FAULT),

Then I got dunning texts about amounts owed, when you found that instead, I have a CREDIT balance. (NOT MY FAULT)

Then yesterday evening, I got an email telling me *I* had changed my eir bundle, and lo and behold, I now have no landline at all. Done and dusted, it appears, from the viewpoint of eir.
    • Welcome to your new eir service

Dear (name),
      You have removed some services from your eir bundle. We are sorry that you no longer want these services from us. We are always adding to our range of products and services, so remember, you can always switch back at any time if you change your mind.

Account Number: <snip>
      Here are the details of your new eir service
      Bundle Name: Standalone Fibre

Your Bundle Includes: eir Broadband Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK
      eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb

Contract Length: 0 Months
      Promotional Price: €55.00 per month
      Regular Price: €55.00 per month
      Your Add Ons: eir Sport and BT Sports Pack €0.00 per month
    [*]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

(Notice to Eir customers: Strange problem with landline? Solution: we will pretend customer changed their eir bundle and that fixes the blip that doesn't look good on the performance evaluation numbers.)

Instead of creating tasks for ME to perform (leave my house to find a place where *I* can ring 1901) to rectify the situation, Eir should be REMOVING hurdles and roadblocks and Eir should be making making the necessary effort to return me to the service I had before eir wrecked it all by itself without my contributing one iota to the problem.

I find it very hard to believe that eir representatives here have no way to contact anyone above them who can contact someone above them, etc, to get to a higher level to MAKE THINGS RIGHT for customers who did nothing at all to cause the problem(S) they are experiencing. There has to be a line manager over this group. But I guess this is where that "The beatings will continue until morale improves" thing reminds you of your limited situation... Maybe you are just as stuck as I am.

I'm sorry if my rants (and others' rants) out here come back on the "talk to" reps for not getting us into PM mode so eir doesn't look so bad.  If eir want to look good, howzabout fixing the problems?

My request is very simple: RETURN MY ACCOUNT TO THE STATUS IT HAD FROM 18 SEPT TO 14 DEC and be verrrryyyy sure that the billing is correct. THEN this noisy customer will disappear from public forums talking about eir's problems.

(The more I have typed "eir" today, the more I realise the unfortunate sound of the new eircom name: ERR. "EircoN" was bad enough, but to CHOOSE to brand themselves "err" ....)

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Eir would most likely not call you back using a mobile or viber as call centers generally call recording from their outgoing landline numbers.

Also you may want to edit out your account number from posts.

Thanks for reply, Thomas.

I understand that YOU may not be able to arrange for a member of the support team (or some other "team") to call me back on Viber, but someone in eir CAN facilitate this request. Viber is FREE to anyone w/ a smart phone. Anyone in eir could ring me from a mobile via Viber.

IT IS EIR WHO HAS PUT ME IN THIS POSITION, BECAUSE OF UNUSUAL SITUATIONS WITHIN EIR, SO EIR NEED TO MAKE EXCEPTIONAL EFFORT TO RETURN MY SERVICE TO WHAT IT WAS ON 13 DECEMBER BEFORE EIR AND ITS POORLY DESIGNED IT SYSTEM WRECKED IT THROUGH NO FAULT OF MINE.

I am in an isolated rural area. I am not in good health. I had to retire fro work due to my health, and now trying to deal with this situation which is NOT MY FAULT has been like work! My situation limits my ability to jaunt to another location to use their phone, SINCE I HAVE NO LANDLINE NOW (NOT MY FAULT) and I am in a no-mobile-signal area.

This is amounting to torture and harassment by eir. Everything was just great from 18 September 2017 until I started getting double bills. (NOT MY FAULT)

Then on 14 Dec, in trying to solve that, I lost my whole perfect eir fibre account. (NOT MY FAULT)

I was extremely patient for 62 days waiting for full reinstatement of my services and then further for my telephone line to be able to receive calls from mobiles as well as landlines. (NOT MY FAULT),

Then I got dunning texts about amounts owed, when you found that instead, I have a CREDIT balance. (NOT MY FAULT)

Then yesterday evening, I got an email telling me *I* had changed my eir bundle, and lo and behold, I now have no landline at all. Done and dusted, it appears, from the viewpoint of eir.
    • Welcome to your new eir service

Dear (name),
      You have removed some services from your eir bundle. We are sorry that you no longer want these services from us. We are always adding to our range of products and services, so remember, you can always switch back at any time if you change your mind.

Account Number: <snip>
      Here are the details of your new eir service
      Bundle Name: Standalone Fibre

Your Bundle Includes: eir Broadband Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK
      eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb

Contract Length: 0 Months
      Promotional Price: €55.00 per month
      Regular Price: €55.00 per month
      Your Add Ons: eir Sport and BT Sports Pack €0.00 per month

[*]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

(Notice to Eir customers: Strange problem with landline? Solution: we will pretend customer changed their eir bundle and that fixes the blip that doesn't look good on the performance evaluation numbers.)

Instead of creating tasks for ME to perform (leave my house to find a place where *I* can ring 1901) to rectify the situation, Eir should be REMOVING hurdles and roadblocks and Eir should be making making the necessary effort to return me to the service I had before eir wrecked it all by itself without my contributing one iota to the problem.

I find it very hard to believe that eir representatives here have no way to contact anyone above them who can contact someone above them, etc, to get to a higher level to MAKE THINGS RIGHT for customers who did nothing at all to cause the problem(S) they are experiencing. There has to be a line manager over this group. But I guess this is where that "The beatings will continue until morale improves" thing reminds you of your limited situation... Maybe you are just as stuck as I am.

I'm sorry if my rants (and others' rants) out here come back on the "talk to" reps for not getting us into PM mode so eir doesn't look so bad.  If eir want to look good, howzabout fixing the problems?

My request is very simple: RETURN MY ACCOUNT TO THE STATUS IT HAD FROM 18 SEPT TO 14 DEC and be verrrryyyy sure that the billing is correct. THEN this noisy customer will disappear from public forums talking about eir's problems.

(The more I have typed "eir" today, the more I realise the unfortunate sound of the new eircom name: ERR. "EircoN" was bad enough, but to CHOOSE to brand themselves "err" ....)
    [*]
    Unfortunately, as I've advised this is not possible. We do not have the facilities to contact you back on Viber.

You will need to contact our support team on 1901.

Thanks

Thomas 

I think I understand the limitations on you there.
    Thanks very much.
    I'll try to ring 1901 on Viber Out ...and will keep track of my expenses.
    Regards,
    Ban

• Advertisement

I think I understand the limitations on you there.
    Thanks very much.
    I'll try to ring 1901 on Viber Out ...and will keep track of my expenses.
    Regards,
    Ban
    No problem at all.

Thank you

Thomas

Eir would most likely not call you back using a mobile or viber as call centers generally call recording from their outgoing landline numbers.

Also you may want to edit out your account number from posts.
    Cheers, Lemonz (and Niamh).

I didn't see any harm with my acct no being out there since my actual name isn't anywhere. If that is naive, thanks for the heads up.

I see your point with the ability to record, etc. and I WANT all calls of mine to them to be recorded. I'll buy some time on Viber Out and ring 1901 shortly(or alternative if 1901 doesn't work on ViberOut).

I have found 1901 to be a mind-numbing loop on many occasions in this now-64-day saga, so it is very frustrating to be constantly told to ring there.

I'd love to have the number of Catherine Lonergan, Director of Customer Management. At least that name was one good piece of information in the email "confirming" "my" change to my bundle.

DAY 91...

Well... it continues... I thought we were all done. But, NOOOO.

I thought things had finally been satisfactorily resolved on 19 Feb. I got my phone line returned to normal standard line and even got my old number back. Got it and my fiber BB re-bundled and was told, with a €36 discount, it would be €50 per month for 12 months. Allegedly got credited where I was due credit. Got it allll straightened out with a very patient and helpful Sandra on Feb 19th - the 68th day of the saga.

Finally! I could breathe without all this mess breathing down my neck!

But noooo. On the 16th day after all was settled (that's 2 days after the 14-day cooling off period, had I wished to cancel), I received an email from getmore@eir.ie detailing my new contract. . . . NOT €50 per month, but €83  per mo! No discounts noted, no nothing.

I am not in good health, and this was another sucker punch.  My friend also delivered to me Conor Pope's latest spread in the Irish Times (Monday) on Eir's ongoing problems. Very familiar stories.  (I'm so glad 6 people are getting their problems taken care of.)  The quote that, "Even thinking about it is upsetting," resonated strongly with me.  I put off engaging 1901 or even coming here... it makes my innards churn, my blood pressure rise, and my body literally aches!
    [*]
    BUT THEN: very late last night as I was turning my mobile back on after having it off all day Wed, at 1:30AM missed messages and missed calls appear:
    • From "OpenEir" - calls and text messages: Appointment reminder. WHAT?! What appointment????
    • From KNN - "...we have a job to install your broadband line tomorrow..." WHAT?!!
    [*]
    I messaged the fella at KN back explaining that I have all my equipment, lines, etc installed, and I am 100% fully functioning and PLEASE don't do anything to mess it up again! A mix-up via failure to communicate is how my whole disaster started, causing me to lose all service on 14th December.

WHERE did this install appt come from??  Please note, that in the midst of the earlier part of the saga, eir paid KNN to call out and install what did NOT need installing, when they were trying to recover my services after the initial screw-up on Dec 14th. So they were ready to pay them yet AGAIN to "install" something today. 

So, instead of the count of days of Torture By Eir ending at 68, it is now extended to 91 days and counting. I do at least have my services (for which I am very grateful), but I am now verrry nervous that, in the process of trying to straighten out THIS additional mess, someone may inadvertently cease my account AGAIN  (Note: there has never been any aspect of actual past due payments in this saga. In fact, I have been IN CREDIT.)

Eir's entire accounting system is in tatters. Whoever designed the new system with all its bells and whistles overlooked BASIC FUNCTIONS of communication between the old system and the new system and within the new system too, apparently.

I don't want to leave eir, because we enjoy the free sports package. However, seems I'll be paying, in essence, €30/mo for it if this €83/mo amount is actually my billing rate, regardless of what I was told when I (thought I) got it sorted! I will not accept an €83/mo rate.

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:
    I want the rate described to me by Sandra on Monday, 19th Feb in a call to 1901 started at 15:11. I want to SEE the €30 credit that was applied to my account by Marie on Friday, 16th Feb in a call that took place via 1901 at 17:07-17:20 for the partial lack of service I experienced from 5 Jan - 19 Feb. This needs to happen very quickly, and I need a LETTER written by a human, not a computer-generated email, confirming any credits, my €60/mo rate, etc. 

There needs to be a new section of customer care dedicated to those of us who have continuing insane problems, complaints, etc. instead of just repeatedly sending us through the initial level encountered on 1901, here, etc, who have very limited powers and resources to help us.  It is NOT the fault of the front line, in my opinion. It's a SYSTEMIC problem, and it needs very serious attention.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

DAY 91...

I thought things had finally been satisfactorily resolved on 19 Feb. I got my phone line returned to normal standard line and even got my old number back. Got it and my fiber BB re-bundled and was told, with a €36 discount, it would be €50 per month for 12 months. Allegedly got credited where I was due credit. Got it allll straightened out with a very patient and helpful Sandra on Feb 19th - the 68th day of the saga.

But noooo. On the 16th day after all was settled (that's 2 days after the 14-day cooling off period, had I wished to cancel), I received an email from getmore@eir.ie detailing my new contract. . . . NOT €50 per month, but €83  per mo! No discounts noted, no nothing.

I am not in good health, and this was another sucker punch.  My friend also delivered to me Conor Pope's latest spread in the Irish Times (Monday) on Eir's ongoing problems. Very familiar stories.  (I'm so glad 6 people are getting their problems taken care of.)  The quote that, "Even thinking about it is upsetting," resonated strongly with me.  I put off engaging 1901 or even coming here... it makes my innards churn, my blood pressure rise, and my body literally aches!
    [*]
    BUT THEN: very late last night as I was turning my mobile back on after having it off all day Wed, at 1:30AM missed messages and missed calls appear:
    • From "OpenEir" - calls and text messages: Appointment reminder. WHAT?! What appointment????
    • From KNN - "...we have a job to install your broadband line tomorrow..." WHAT?!!

[*]
    I messaged the fella at KN back explaining that I have all my equipment, lines, etc installed, and I am 100% fully functioning and PLEASE don't do anything to mess it up again! A mix-up via failure to communicate is how my whole disaster started, causing me to lose all service on 14th December.

WHERE did this install appt come from??  Please note, that in the midst of the earlier part of the saga, eir paid KNN to call out and install what did NOT need installing, when they were trying to recover my services after the initial screw-up on Dec 14th. So they were ready to pay them yet AGAIN to "install" something today. 

So, instead of the count of days of Torture By Eir ending at 68, it is now extended to 91 days and counting. I do at least have my services (for which I am very grateful), but I am now verrry nervous that, in the process of trying to straighten out THIS additional mess, someone may inadvertently cease my account AGAIN  (Note: there has never been any aspect of actual past due payments in this saga. In fact, I have been IN CREDIT.)

Eir's entire accounting system is in tatters. Whoever designed the new system with all its bells and whistles overlooked BASIC FUNCTIONS of communication between the old system and the new system and within the new system too, apparently.

I don't want to leave eir, because we enjoy the free sports package. However, seems I'll be paying, in essence, €30/mo for it if this €83/mo amount is actually my billing rate, regardless of what I was told when I (thought I) got it sorted! I will not accept an €83/mo rate.

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:
    I want the rate described to me by Sandra on Monday, 19th Feb in a call to 1901 started at 15:11. I want to SEE the €30 credit that was applied to my account by Marie on Friday, 16th Feb in a call that took place via 1901 at 17:07-17:20 for the partial lack of service I experienced from 5 Jan - 19 Feb. This needs to happen very quickly, and I need a LETTER written by a human, not a computer-generated email, confirming any credits, my €60/mo rate, etc. 

There needs to be a new section of customer care dedicated to those of us who have continuing insane problems, complaints, etc. instead of just repeatedly sending us through the initial level encountered on 1901, here, etc, who have very limited powers and resources to help us.  It is NOT the fault of the front line, in my opinion. It's a SYSTEMIC problem, and it needs very serious attention.

Cheers.
    [*]
    Dude. Seriously. Go to Vodafone, or Sky, and be done with it. Why would you offer this company your business? You keep going on about your health. Is saving a few quid for some free sports package, worth risking your health for? No.

rat_race wrote: »
    DAY 91...

[*]

[*]

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

Cheers.

[*]
    Dude. Seriously. Go to Vodafone, or Sky, and be done with it. Why would you offer this company your business? You keep going on about your health. Is saving a few quid for some free sports package, worth risking your health for? No.
    [*]
    Well, I do wonder about my sanity sometimes, r_r! You make fair and legitimate points.

God only knows what tangle I'd get caught up in changing, returning equipment, finding that one of the other providers can't piggyback on eir's fibre out here in the hinterlands, etc etc... I also hear lots of bad comments with the others as well... though SURELY not as outrageous as all these complaints with eir??!

Also, that 20 extra for the sports package would mean losing it. I'm on limited retiree income, and it's one luxury my man and I enjoy. We are fuddy-duddy auld stay-at-home rugby fans.

The PRODUCTs I have from eir, are great. It is a massive and outrageous shame that their overall system of operation has so many black holes in it.

I will sniff around the other providers to see what's out there, but if I have to spend as much energy getting away from eir as I'm spending trying to get things cleared up, it's a wash, and thus not worth changing. Catch-22...

Regardless, I appreciate your comments.

Btw, I'm a dudette. ;-)

• Advertisement

DAY 91...

[*]

[*]

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

Cheers.

[*]

[*]
    Well, I do wonder about my sanity sometimes, r_r! You make fair and legitimate points.

God only knows what tangle I'd get caught up in changing, returning equipment, finding that one of the other providers can't piggyback on eir's fibre out here in the hinterlands, etc etc... I also hear lots of bad comments with the others as well... though SURELY not as outrageous as all these complaints with eir??!

Also, that 20 extra for the sports package would mean losing it. I'm on limited retiree income, and it's one luxury my man and I enjoy. We are fuddy-duddy auld stay-at-home rugby fans.

The PRODUCTs I have from eir, are great. It is a massive and outrageous shame that their overall system of operation has so many black holes in it.

I will sniff around the other providers to see what's out there, but if I have to spend as much energy getting away from eir as I'm spending trying to get things cleared up, it's a wash, and thus not worth changing. Catch-22...

Btw, I'm a dudette. ;-)
    [*]
    They will be able to use the existing phone lines, they all can/do. Forget Eircom's equipment return. It's worth nothing anyway. Call another provider and they'll handle everything for you. Whatever you do, afterwards, cancel your DDs, as Eir are notorious for billing people after they've cancelled.

Research the prices online first though (their sites offer usually 6 months much cheaper, etc...but if you call they mightn't highlight that to you, so you tell them yourself).

Good luck. And sorry to hear about your nightmare. Btw, you can go the Comreg route too. I've had to do it recently, and it's very straightforward. Not sure what it will lead to, though.

Ermmm... Eir representative?? Sorry for the side conversation.

I would like to know that the cost stated to me on the telephone on 19 Feb is the monthly cost (€50) and that the email stating €83/mo cost is just another eir error. 

I would also like it to be confirmed in writing from a human, not another email generated by a rogue glitch on autopilot.

If this can be resolved quickly (relatively speaking), I'll be happy.

Day 92.

Ermmm... Eir representative?? Sorry for the side conversation.

I would like to know that the cost stated to me on the telephone on 19 Feb is the monthly cost (€50) and that the email stating €83/mo cost is just another eir error. 

I would also like it to be confirmed in writing from a human, not another email generated by a rogue glitch on autopilot.

If this can be resolved quickly (relatively speaking), I'll be happy.

Day 92.
    Hi Banished-She,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
    Thanks. PM'd you. I realise it's Friday and nearly 5...
    Cheers,
    Ban

Hi Thomas,
    Thanks. PM'd you. I realise it's Friday and nearly 5...
    Cheers,
    Ban
    I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

DAY 91...

[*]

[*]

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

Cheers.

[*]

[*]

Btw, I'm a dudette. ;-)
    [*]
    Also, be very careful about changing providers if you have just agreed to a new contract with eir... check that out first.

DAY 91...

[*]

[*]

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

Cheers.

[*]

[*]

Btw, I'm a dudette. ;-)

[*]
    Also, be very careful about changing providers if you have just agreed to a new contract with eir... check that out first.
    [*]
    Thanks, Twelve Bar.
    I would prefer not to navigate the waters of changing providers, as I think it would be just as much of a hassle as this is.  In fairness though, I believe I'd have an "out" in regards to my current contract as they changed what was agreed and only informed me of this after the 14-day cooling off period had expired.  Regardless, I will stick with them unless they won't clear things up correctly and fairly.

DAY 91...

[*]

[*]

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

Cheers.

[*]

[*]

Btw, I'm a dudette. ;-)

[*]

[*]
    Thanks, Twelve Bar.
    I would prefer not to navigate the waters of changing providers, as I think it would be just as much of a hassle as this is.  In fairness though, I believe I'd have an "out" in regards to my current contract as they changed what was agreed and only informed me of this after the 14-day cooling off period had expired.  Regardless, I will stick with them unless they won't clear things up correctly and fairly.
    [*]
    I'm sure they will clear things up correctly and fairly, pronto. Sure they're famous for it!

DAY 91...

[*]

[*]

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

Cheers.

[*]

[*]

Btw, I'm a dudette. ;-)

[*]

[*]
    Thanks, Twelve Bar.

[*]
    I'm sure they will clear things up correctly and fairly, pronto. Sure they're famous for it!
    [*]
    ROFL! Suuuure! I'm holding my breath and all. LOL. Thanks for the giggle, r_r.

DAY 91...

[*]

[*]

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

Cheers.

[*]

[*]

Btw, I'm a dudette. ;-)

[*]

[*]
    Thanks, Twelve Bar.

[*]

[*]
    ROFL! Suuuure! I'm holding my breath and all. LOL. Thanks for the giggle, r_r.
    [*]
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement