Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pension from Job Seekers question.

• 14-02-2018 11:49pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

My mum's pension is due to start in a few weeks. She has been in receipt of a job seekers payment for the last 4 months. She's wondering if she needs to do anything to sign off from job seekers before her pension starts or will the department do it automatically for her?

We tried contacting the local office but haven't heard back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Feardiadh

If she's hitting 66 and she's going onto a state pension then she doesn't need to do anything. Jobseekers payments are automated so they can't pay out from 66 onwards, once she hits 66 the claim will be closed automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hi.

My mum's pension is due to start in a few weeks. She has been in receipt of a job seekers payment for the last 4 months. She's wondering if she needs to do anything to sign off from job seekers before her pension starts or will the department do it automatically for her?

We tried contacting the local office but haven't heard back.

If she’s living on her own make sure she applies for all the trimmings Elmo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Make sure she actually applies for the pension, the switch over doesn't happen automatically. The department say you should apply at least 3 months before your 66th birthday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Make sure she actually applies for the pension, the switch over doesn't happen automatically. The department say you should apply at least 3 months before your 66th birthday.

Yeah, she did that a few months ago, thanks.

The main reason I'm asking about it is she was sent out a form to fill in a few weeks ago about what she was doing to find work, despite being told when she signed on that as there was only a few months until her pension was due she wouldn't be expected to actually get a job. So I wasn't sure the various departments were actually in communication with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Yeah, she did that a few months ago, thanks.

The main reason I'm asking about it is she was sent out a form to fill in a few weeks ago about what she was doing to find work, despite being told when she signed on that as there was only a few months until her pension was due she wouldn't be expected to actually get a job. So I wasn't sure the various departments were actually in communication with each other.

Communication is still poor, but honestly, a computer sent her the looking for work questionnaire so I’d just fill it in and send it back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

splinter65 wrote: »
    Communication is still poor, but honestly, a computer sent her the looking for work questionnaire so I’d just fill it in and send it back.

It's okay we got that one sorted. They said it was a mistake and not to bother sending it back.

Advertisement