Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA2K16 connectivity

Options
  • 15-02-2018 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question. Haven't been able to play my career in this for a while, always telling me to check the status, but it's always online. I'm wondering if they took it offline to force me to upgrade? All I want to do is continue my career but I need to be online to do so.

Edit: found a tweet from Jan 1st, servers offline from now on. Absolutely terrible service imo, not even giving a patch so we can continue offline without starting new. Won't be buying another one because of this. I can understand removing the online aspect in general, but all that time and effort gone now for nothing. Noted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, absolutely ****ty but unsurprising from 2k. They can **** right off until they sorry themselves out unfortunately their VC system is a goldmine so I never see them not being *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, absolutely disgusted, and even though I now remember getting it for 'free' with PS+, it will put me off ever buying a NBA2K game, and especially when I learned that NBA Live can be played offline and still continue your career as normal. I've no interest in playing sport games online, as you nearly need to be playing nothing but that game to enjoy it online (like most others who play it online), and I've a good 200+ hours put into the career, nearly in the Hall of Fame, and now nothing. Nearly even tempted to send a strongly worded email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not surprised the servers are gone as NBA2K19 would be due out later this year but it's absolutely crap that you have to be signed in online with them to continue a single player option.

Funny thing is I bet the game is still sold 2nd hand in Gamestop, CEX etc despite now being a non-functional game really. Actually they sell as far back as NBA2K13 I see!

Advertisement