Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryzen APUs Launched

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Depends on the use. An i3-8350K is considerably superior in raw power but the integrated graphics on the new APU's is really good.

Keeping in mind that this is an amazing performance APU for e-sports titles, or a stop-gap measure where you can buy the Ryzen 5 2400 now, use the integrated GPU for a time with decent results, and upgrade to a dedicated card at a later date.

This wasn't possible in the past as the actual CPU performance of the previous gen APU's was dismal and not up the task of intensive gaming at all so they were only really ever good for e-sports titles.

So they get major points for versatility, and now when people want a new 'gaming PC' on a small budget (<400), this is the exact scenario where they will shine as you've so much flexibility.

For someone working in an office environment in which the integrated graphics make no difference, Intel is still viable/stronger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looking forward to seeing some decent laptops with this but I think for a desktop, I'd still go down the traditional Intel CPU plus Nvidia GPU path.

Advertisement