Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walker WP6500TTR Saorview+ PVR new box needed

• 15-02-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi my Walker WP6500TTR Saorview+ PVR seems to be broken any box like this for sale now lots of combos not what i need ty noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rusty_bai

Hi Noel, I know your post was some years ago. I'm in the same situation as you (well my Dad is!). Wondering if I could ask your help on this if possible pls - hoping to get my dad a new one for Xmas.

Which combo box (Make & Model if possible pls) did you go for in the end?

And does it allow you to record both UK and Irish channels?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭noel50

Hi i still have the old box but i cant record any more when i was looking the best thing then was a walker tv with saoirview built in for the price but u could only record the station u are watching cant see the point of that but that is what i will get when my old tv breaks down maybe they have a twin tunner now let me know what u get I was happy that I could record late at night i miss it now but i got a media player and download shows and watch on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭swoofer

Hi just seen this, the best box to get is a ZGEMMA H7S, and once set up its a breeze. I don't know how adept you are with images but have a look at the guide go to the end and work back. It has become very popular and because of BREXIT not easy to order from UK. Its available here but a bit pricey. There was a place that would load the image for you and install a HDD but they are not replying. This box is ideal.

At the end its price, how much do you want to spend. The box can be set in such a way that button 1 = rte1, 2 = BBC1 and so on. It only has HDMI out so needs a modern tv.

Zgemma H7s Guide - Page 32 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Get an SSD. FOR ABOUT 45

look here and they install software, its pricey but its your dad.

Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 (satworld.ie)

Advertisement