Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 2018 - 3rd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Anywhere handy to park in the city or is the Black Ash the best bet. I would be coming from Ballincollig area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Anywhere handy to park in the city or is the Black Ash the best bet. I would be coming from Ballincollig area.

Black Ash is handy but I’d say the city hall car park too. We parked there last year at 7am and no problem with spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Unfortunately I'm after hurting my shoulder/chest and have asked/begged kindly for a deferral to 2019.

I've no hope, but I flung off an email there explaining my sob story. Gutted. Best marathon in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Unfortunately I'm after hurting my shoulder/chest and have asked/begged kindly for a deferral to 2019.

I've no hope, but I flung off an email there explaining my sob story. Gutted. Best marathon in Ireland.

Sorry to hear that, I might be in the same boat myself, I've a trip to the physio tommorrow evening to have a look at my Glutimis maximus. A deferral might be optimistic at this late stage with T-shirts and medals ordered.

noelearly wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, I might be in the same boat myself, I've a trip to the physio tommorrow evening to have a look at my Glutimis maximus. A deferral might be optimistic at this late stage with T-shirts and medals ordered.

Ah yeah, I've no hope but just said I'd chance it anyway. Very very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭slingerz

i'm going to melt into a pool of sorrow and sunscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Sorry to hear that, Innuendo. Lucky that didn't happen a year ago..... I'd've had no company those last 8kms. (Or was it 10?)

Itziger wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, Innuendo. Lucky that didn't happen a year ago..... I'd've had no company those last 8kms. (Or was it 10?)

8 or 10, but it felt like 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Itziger wrote: »

8 or 10, but it felt like 40!
    Gettoutta here. Sure we were cruising for most of the last few. Cruising, floating, gliding.... call it what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

Hi

Irish examiner had a great link to the areal route for the marathon

https://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/feeling-energetic-check-out-this-amazing-aerial-video-of-the-cork-city-marathon-route-844952.html

nothing we can do with the weather, if it is as hot as it is today, would be best to take a big longer to get around and enjoy it.

i did 3:29 last year, and really enjoyed it, i did 3:26 in manchester in April, so will be hoping for around the 3:30 mark, but if the heat is their, i will have to have a plan b...and a big spongue too!

good luck to all, sorry to hear about the few injuries above, may recovery be quick and be on the road in the future again

aidan

• Advertisement

The sponges on the marina are going to be sooooo welcome - and the hoses in Ballyphehane!

Sorry about the injuries Innuendo and Noelearly. You may be glad if the temperatures are ridiculous on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

New Start for Cork Half-Marathon

There is a new start for the Half-Marathon. The revised route streamlines the start, avoiding any turns in the first 1.5 miles.

A feature of the revised route will be passing the new Pairc Ui Caoimh Plaza
    cork-half-marathon-pairc-ui-caoimh-all-weather.JPG

Enjoy!

Condo(r)131 - Course Measurer

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

https://twitter.com/corkcityparks/status/1001520021766590464?s=09

T-shirts Design....have to say I like the marathon one as long as there aren't a load of sponsors logos on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

spc78 wrote:
    T-shirts Design....have to say I like the marathon one as long as there aren't a load of sponsors logos on the back

I'm not gone on it tbh. Why can't they just do a plain nice colour. The mens t-shirt for the half last year was awful!!

Who designs them!!

spc78 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/corkcityparks/status/1001520021766590464?s=09

Not impressed either with the marathon one - why can’t they do something similar to Dublin or Limerick? The half one is nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Good thing i am doing the half as that full one is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Use the app RTRT.me to tracker participants on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Much cooler here in Cork this morning

I saw that. No participant names in there yet. I wonder will they be tracking more than the half way point and finish line this year? I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Kellygirl wrote: »
    I wonder will they be tracking more than the half way point and finish line this year? I hope so.

I've been asked, by Sports Timing, to give them the 10k, Half-way, 30k and 40k locations. I can't confirm that they are using those locations...but ...

If you want course details:
    Full & Relay: https://www.corkathletics.org/events/eventdetail/2621/-/cork-city-marathon-relay-and-half-marathon.html
    HM: https://www.corkathletics.org/events/eventdetail/2833/-/cork-city-half-marathon.html

Weather: Still too far out to be definitive, but it looks certain to be pretty 'muggy'. 94% humidity predicted for 9am, falling to 74% by noon, however the UV index is predicted to rise to 8 :eek: by that stage. Temp of 18C predicted

Dr Jason Van der Velde, the Marathon Medical Director has some advice re hydration: https://www.corkathletics.org/news/944-cork-city-marathon-2018-hydration-and-eating-advice.html

- Condo(r)131 - Cork City Marathon Course Measurer - AIMS/IAAF Grade A Measurer

• Advertisement

Oh that’s brilliant Condo. Thanks for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Can't see that on website... they don't usually have tracking in Cork, from what I remember only one placemat.

Sorry only read your above post now.

noelearly wrote: »
    Can't see that on website... they don't usually have tracking in Cork, from what I remember only one placemat.

Sorry only read your above post now.

Nothing on the website but it’s on the RTRT.me app.

Username | Distance | PB | Predicted Time | Actual Time
    thomas Anderson| Marathon| 2:56:25| GIN|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

GIN Thomas? I don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

boydkev| Half| 1:33:52| 1:35:00|

PB was done in Charleville last year, Not sure i could beat that on the route in cork. Will see on the day.

aquinn wrote: »
    GIN Thomas? I don't understand.

GIN

As in the type of alcoholic beverage I will be chugging after the race ;)

KellyGirl| Marathon| 4:20:05| 4:09:59|

PB from DCM 2017 - have trained for 4:10 but this hot weather might put paid to that! Will have to see on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Kellygirl wrote: »
    KellyGirl| Marathon| 4:20:05| 4:09:59|

PB from DCM 2018 - have trained for 4:10 but this hot weather might put paid to that! Will have to see on Sunday.

Your PB is from a race that hasn’t even taken place yet, how you do that.........

• Advertisement

OOnegative wrote: »
    Your PB is from a race that hasn’t even taken place yet, how you do that.........

Oops - will go back and edit :D

Advertisement