Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 2018 - 3rd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Username | Distance | PB | Predicted Time | Actual Time
    thomas Anderson| Marathon| 2:56:25| GIN|
    boydkev| Half| 1:33:52| 1:35:00|
    KellyGirl| Marathon| 4:09:59| 4:20:05|
    deisedude| Half| 1:35:00| 1:38:00|

Half PB from Charleville last year but I'm not quite as fit combined with the heat and a harder course I'd say I'd be doing well to do 1:38

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

KellyGirl| Marathon| 4:20:05| 4:09:59|

deisedude wrote: »
    Half PB from Charleville last year but I'm not quite as fit combined with the heat and a harder course I'd say I'd be doing well to do 1:38

You have somehow reversed my times there? Just changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 smurfsturf

smurfsturf| Half| 1:46:52| 1:45:00|

Getting closer to 1:45, it's going to happen at some point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

smurfsturf wrote: »
    amcgee| Marathon| 3:24| 3:29:59|

all depends on the weather, could end up swimming in the lough!

good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Kellygirl wrote: »

You have somehow reversed my times there? Just changed it.

Sorry. Accidentally deleted your times when adding mine and tried adding back in but did it arseways

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Sorry. Accidentally deleted your times when adding mine and tried adding back in but did it arseways

No worries. All fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

For any visitors to Cork looking for a parkrun fix on Sat, the nearest one is in Ballincollig - http://www.parkrun.ie/ballincollig/

Coincidentally there will be pacers this Sat there, not sure of the times that are being covered yet apart from 22 mins by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

I see that eventmaster are due to resend registration info this week. I have mislaid mine, can anyone tell me what address the email would have come from so that I can search for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

pab_lowe wrote: »
    I see that eventmaster are due to resend registration info this week. I have mislaid mine, can anyone tell me what address the email would have come from so that I can search for it?

confirmation@eventmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

Thanks Thomas for the rapid reply. I can't find any email in my accounts :o. I can see my name in the list of entrants. I'll have to try and contact them to see if my id will do.....wondering if I put in a misspelled email address or something.

thanks again

• Advertisement

Thanks Thomas for the rapid reply. I can't find any email in my accounts :o. I can see my name in the list of entrants. I'll have to try and contact them to see if my id will do.....wondering if I put in a misspelled email address or something.

thanks again

Did you check your spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

chavezychavez| Marathon| 2:57:31| 3:44:30|

Pacing the 3:45 train on Sunday for whomever wants to come along for the ride. Might actually hit my time on this one :P

thanks again

I only got a reminder for the half this morning so hopefully one is on its way to you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 smurfsturf

@KellyGirl

I hope you will not be affected too much by congestion where the half merges with the full as you may be near that point going by your predicted time

opus wrote: »
    I only got a reminder for the half this morning so hopefully one is on its way to you as well.

Yes got mine too.

smurfsturf wrote: »
    @KellyGirl

I hope you will not be affected too much by congestion where the half merges with the full as you may be near that point going by your predicted time

Yeah - I don’t know. A friend is doing the half and her slowest time will be about 3 hours so I was trying to work out where I’d passing her based on me doing a 4:10 pace and reckon will be somewhere round mile 17 at turners cross. I’d say I could be passing a lot of the slower ones but they should be spread out a small bit by the time I get there and feels good to be passing people anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Good luck everybody. Was going to do the full after London didn't go as hoped for because of the heat........kinda glad I didn't now with the current weather and forecast!!

If you have trained well and are going for a PB or an aggressive time be sensible and adjust to the conditions. I remember people telling me to do that before London and part of me was thinking that I'd be copping out. It's NOT a cop out, it's using your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Djemba Djemba|Half|1.21.00|1.19.59|

Third time to run the half here. First time with the new changes. Best of luck to you all and enjoy every step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Im glad that my request for a deferral went massively ignored by the organisers in the end as my shoulder seems to be bloody grand. Mid week freak-out I think!

I've change dmy goals though- having come straight off the London Marathon season for this, going straight into Berlin, I'll be happy to just enjoy this 26 mile run around Cork!
    sideswipe wrote: »
    Good luck everybody. Was going to do the full after London didn't go as hoped for because of the heat........kinda glad I didn't now with the current weather and forecast!!

If you have trained well and are going for a PB or an aggressive time be sensible and adjust to the conditions. I remember people telling me to do that before London and part of me was thinking that I'd be copping out. It's NOT a cop out, it's using your head.

I can't emphasise the above enough!

Did 5 miles in it last night and I was a bucket of sweat by the end.

I think its safe to say that any PB's are out the window, so just go out and enjoy the run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Got my registeration email. Had to double check I still wasn't signed up for the full.

Watch fluid intake over the next few days. I'm already worried about dehydration. Dialorite is your friend, blackcurrant.

I'm not sure what time I'm going for as will start off conservatively and see how I get on. At the minute it's more a participation event than race.

Nervous, excited. First half since DCMHM in 2015.

I haven't been to Cork in years so looking forward to that more than the event.

Have to wear short shorts by the look of it, ugh. Might be in a club singlet.

Question: Where are water stops in the half and bottles or cups? Thanks

aquinn wrote: »
    Got my registeration email. Had to double check I still wasn't signed up for the full.

Watch fluid intake over the next few days. I'm already worried about dehydration. Dialorite is your friend, blackcurrant.

I'm not sure what time I'm going for as will start off conservatively and see how I get on. At the minute it's more a participation event than race.

Nervous, excited. First half since DCMHM in 2015.

I haven't been to Cork in years so looking forward to that more than the event.

Have to wear short shorts by the look of it, ugh. Might be in a club singlet.

Question: Where are water stops in the half and bottles or cups? Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PHNyYu4jc5WG6UDy-5ZTdaZae0b4yQaI/view

Please don't take this the wrong way but why all the worry about the weather? This is what I see for Sun on YR:

452205.png

I'd see that as nice day for a run :confused: It was ~22C for the Burren marathon last Sat for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

https://track.rtrt.me/e/SSPL-CORKCITY-2018#/tracker

Web link for tracker. Participant list uploaded now so looks like it'll be live alright with decent number of splits

App also.

Cheers Opus, I hope the Norweigans are right. I currently have thunderstorms due.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

opus wrote: »
    Please don't take this the wrong way but why all the worry about the weather? This is what I see for Sun on YR:

452205.png

I'd see that as nice day for a run :confused: It was ~22C for the Burren marathon last Sat for example.

its not the heat that will be the problem, it will the be humidity....

but the big issue really is that most of the training would be done in rain and cold, and now the weather is hot. i certainly will have to go with plan b if it is high humidity..when i ran my first marathon in cork a few years ago it was hot a humid and by mile 16 i was a goner..i made all the rookie mistakes and paid a high price. 10 miles of the walking dead!

but hopefully all will be fine. good luck
    aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

amcgee wrote: »
    its not the heat that will be the problem, it will the be humidity....

Amen, its all about humidity! fingers crossed folks.

I seem to have picked up a head cold, so I'll definitely be hitting my predicted time of GIN

I seem to have picked up a head cold, so I'll definitely be hitting my predicted time of GIN

Maybe it is allergies. Take an anti-histamine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Djemba Djemba|Half|1.21.00|1.19.59|
    Adrian522|Half|1:32:xx|1:50.00

Advertisement