Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUPE issues

Options
  • 15-02-2018 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

With employer 6 months, we get told on the 18th of Jan company division being split and our part is being taken over by a outside company. 3 of us would be TUPE’d accross. Tupe paper work given that day but dated 3 days earlier. We signed it as felt we’d no choice. We weren’t offered any consultation etc.
    1st of Feb P45 arrived and apparently we were no longer being paid by old employer.
    Two weeks on, we’ve had zero paper work saying we work for the new company. New company owner hasn’t registered us with revenue or answered any of our questions
    Rang the Labour relations and they said we can stop work until sorted!
    I’d be just happy knowing we are getting paid. Nothing has changed. Still doing the same work and driving the same company vans etc.

I’ve rang the new employer and emailed but he’s now Ignoring me.

Who’s at fault? Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Are your wages coming through?

As you are only there 6 months, you can be dismissed easily enough so don't down tools unless you are prepared to be let go. Probably best to start looking for a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Thecatonthemat

davo10 wrote: »
    Are your wages coming through?

As you are only there 6 months, you can be dismissed easily enough so don't down tools unless you are prepared to be let go. Probably best to start looking for a new job.

Wages not due till end of month. I’ve started looking for another job but quite like the one I have :-(
    If we have been tuped does this cover our jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Wages not due till end of month. I’ve started looking for another job but quite like the one I have :-(
    If we have been tuped does this cover our jobs?

It does, but as you have been employed for less than 12 months, you don't have protection under the Unfair Dismissals Act so your new employer can let you go pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Thecatonthemat

Thanks

Advertisement