Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending SEPA payments with AIB?

Options
  • 15-02-2018 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm trying to add funds to my GDAX/Coinbase account through the use of a SEPA payment, but I'm unsure how to go about doing it. I'm with AIB, and they don't seem to have a dedicated SEPA section on their online banking site. GDAX provides me with the details, but I want to make sure I'm putting each detail in the right place.

They provide you with

IBAN
    SWIFT/BIC
    Bank Name
    Bank Address (has Estonia at the end)
    Bank Country (blank on their site)
    Account Name
    Account Address
    Reference Number

When I go on to the AIB site, I click "International Payments". Here I am greeted with a dropdown for payment currency (euro), and a dropdown menu for the receiver's bank country. I am then brought to a page where I select the account I wish to pay out from, and then a text box titled "Your Message". I'm not sure if I'm supposed to leave this blank or not.

After that page, AIB requests the Receivers full name (is this the account name or bank name?), the receiver's IBAN, and then has 4 blank boxes labeled "Additional Information"

Then there is a page with one text box titled "Sender's reference" (I'm assuming that's where the reference number goes)

I would be grateful if you could clear this up for me as I don't want to end up sending money to the wrong account. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CryptoMad

Joevndo wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to add funds to my GDAX/Coinbase account through the use of a SEPA payment, but I'm unsure how to go about doing it. I'm with AIB, and they don't seem to have a dedicated SEPA section on their online banking site. GDAX provides me with the details, but I want to make sure I'm putting each detail in the right place.

They provide you with

IBAN
    SWIFT/BIC
    Bank Name
    Bank Address (has Estonia at the end)
    Bank Country (blank on their site)
    Account Name
    Account Address
    Reference Number

When I go on to the AIB site, I click "International Payments". Here I am greeted with a dropdown for payment currency (euro), and a dropdown menu for the receiver's bank country. I am then brought to a page where I select the account I wish to pay out from, and then a text box titled "Your Message". I'm not sure if I'm supposed to leave this blank or not.

After that page, AIB requests the Receivers full name (is this the account name or bank name?), the receiver's IBAN, and then has 4 blank boxes labeled "Additional Information"

Then there is a page with one text box titled "Sender's reference" (I'm assuming that's where the reference number goes)

I would be grateful if you could clear this up for me as I don't want to end up sending money to the wrong account. Thanks!

Your Message: You put in your own message so that you will recognize the payment. You could enter “CoinBase”

Receivers name: I think it is CoinBase Ltd. All this information should be on CoinBase when you select deposit to Euro account.

4 blank boxes - Your CoinBase account reference and your name.

Senders reference - Your CoinBase account reference again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Joevndo wrote: »

Always send a small amount like €5 to check the transfer mechanism works as expected prior to making a big transfer. Worst you can lose is a fiver. Don't know about CoinBase but it takes a number of hours (4-8) going to Kraken, so don't panic when nothing happens immediately.

Advertisement