Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Rejected but still taken from bank account

Options
  • 15-02-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I made a payment yesturday evening to a travel company. Their payment merchant rejected the payment (SagePay) but upon looking at my bank account the money has been taken and reflects on my balance. The transaction in question is under the in progress heading on my online statement.

The company have told me they did not receive any payment and upon talking to your customer service this morning they said the money has left the bank and was authorized and I was given an authorization code.

Question is, will I get the money back and how long will I be waiting ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi there,

I made a payment yesturday evening to a travel company. Their payment merchant rejected the payment (SagePay) but upon looking at my bank account the money has been taken and reflects on my balance. The transaction in question is under the in progress heading on my online statement.

The company have told me they did not receive any payment and upon talking to your customer service this morning they said the money has left the bank and was authorized and I was given an authorization code.

Thanks!
    Hi SweetCaliber,

Thanks for posting on Boards.

This transaction would have been pre-authorised through your account.

This means the transaction may appear in your pending transactions for 3-5 days. It should disappear from your transactions list and reflect on your balance. If the transaction processes and completes in your transaction list, you'll need to request a refund from the merchant.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

happened to me with natwest payment via sagepay in UK also. Deposit for new house...so 4k in limbo for 5 days...but it does come back..

Exactly same scenario as you. Got an auth code....its a sage pay issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi there,

Thanks!
    Hi SweetCaliber,

This means the transaction may appear in your pending transactions for 3-5 days. It should disappear from your transactions list and reflect on your balance. If the transaction processes and completes in your transaction list, you'll need to request a refund from the merchant.

Thanks again, Jane.
    Thanks for the reply Jane,

They sent me on the response from their Payment Merchant, don't know what the error was bot something caused it to be authorized but then failed and in turn the transaction was cancelled on their end.

So does this still fall into the above scenario, where as they didn't nor will they accept the funds, even though I was given an authorization code from BOI today, and the funds will stay pending for 3-5 days and they eventually released back to my account?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks!
    Hi SweetCaliber,

Thanks again, Jane.
    Thanks for the reply Jane,

They sent me on the response from their Payment Merchant, don't know what the error was bot something caused it to be authorized but then failed and in turn the transaction was cancelled on their end.

So does this still fall into the above scenario, where as they didn't nor will they accept the funds, even though I was given an authorization code from BOI today, and the funds will stay pending for 3-5 days and they eventually released back to my account?

Thanks!
    Hi SweetCalibur,

That's it exactly.

As the transaction has generated an authorisation code, your account assumes the transaction was successful. It will wait in your pending transactions for at least 3-5 business days, and when the merchant doesn't complete the transaction and collect the funds, it'll re-adjust back into your balance.

Just to mention you won't see a refund, it'll just disappear and any consecutive transactions will adjust accordingly.

Please let us know if we can help further with this.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

happened to me with natwest payment via sagepay in UK also. Deposit for new house...so 4k in limbo for 5 days...but it does come back..

Thanks a million. Just made me worry because I have had auth payments before on my account but they didn't affect my balance, but this one did so scared me a bit ha!

Thanks a million for the response, thanks to Jane also for the speedy reply :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a million. Just made me worry because I have had auth payments before on my account but they didn't affect my balance, but this one did so scared me a bit ha!

Thanks a million for the response, thanks to Jane also for the speedy reply :)
    Hi SweetCaliber,

I can totally understand your concern.

In the unlikely even that the merchant does collect the funds, they'll be able to locate the transaction with the authorisation code we gave you, and they can refund you.

The fact that they have confirmed they haven't received it their side, it should drop off after the 3-5 business days.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else, and have a lovely weekend. :o

Thanks again,
    Jane

Advertisement