Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone number query

Options
  • 15-02-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Very odd question, if you phone 00818365365 you reach BOI as well as if you phone 0818365365 (one zero less a the front). Both reach bank of ireland....so so it says...however the first number is charged as that you are phoning Japan. Can you confirm if by phoning the first number is it a scam or are you actually reaching Bank of Ireland in Ireland????

I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense but I am having a dispute with my phone network for charging me international rates for phoning Bank of Ireland, I am worried I was speaking to a fake company. I got the first number posted from boards.ie from a BOI responder called Evie 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mozzy

Here is the thread I received the number from https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057521724

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

mozzy wrote: »
    Very odd question, if you phone 00818365365 you reach BOI as well as if you phone 0818365365 (one zero less a the front). Both reach bank of ireland....so so it says...however the first number is charged as that you are phoning Japan. Can you confirm if by phoning the first number is it a scam or are you actually reaching Bank of Ireland in Ireland????

I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense but I am having a dispute with my phone network for charging me international rates for phoning Bank of Ireland, I am worried I was speaking to a fake company. I got the first number posted from boards.ie from a BOI responder called Evie 
    Hi Mozzy,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We've tested the number internally and can assure you it calls directly to our colleagues in Banking 365.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mozzy

Great thank you, I need to tell that to three as they have charged me rates to Japan for calling that number. Can you confirm that number reaches Ireland and not Bank of Ireland Japan :D

Thank you so much!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

mozzy wrote: »
    Great thank you, I need to tell that to three as they have charged me rates to Japan for calling that number. Can you confirm that number reaches Ireland and not Bank of Ireland Japan :D

Thank you so much!!!
    Hi Mozzy,

We're happy to confirm this number brings you through to Banking 365 in Ireland and not Japan :o

Please let us know if we can help with anything else, and have a lovely weekend!

Thanks again,
    Jane

Advertisement