Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lap de Gaps 2018....

Options
  • 15-02-2018 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Anyone aware of a date for this? Cant seem to find it anywhere.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Nice

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Cheers cython, I mailed them there on facebook before i saw your reply.
    Its a nice event, good value and close by for me, so always on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

Just got a text to say that it won't be going ahead this year. Hopefully back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

gmacww wrote: »
    Just got a text to say that it won't be going ahead this year. Hopefully back next year.

Saw that on FB just now. No explanation why, just reasons outside their control. It really is a shame as it has always been a great event and has raised a lot of money for charity. Hopefully the Gap de Lap de Gaps will be a short one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Saw that on FB just now. No explanation why, just reasons outside their control. It really is a shame as it has always been a great event and has raised a lot of money for charity. Hopefully the Gap de Lap de Gaps will be a short one.

Yeah I really enjoyed it the past two years. Last year the weather was not kind to us, but the previous year was one of the best I had on the bik.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

nothing to see here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

P_1 wrote: »
    I think the Sally Gap is still iced over and with the forecast for more snow this weekend I guess they had no real option.

I can't see the weather dictating it 2 months out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

P_1 wrote: »
    I think the Sally Gap is still iced over and with the forecast for more snow this weekend I guess they had no real option.

In May?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

cython wrote: »
    I can't see the weather dictating it 2 months out? :confused:
    In May?

Well now I feel stupid. I assumed it was on this weekend for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

sullivlo wrote: »
    Yeah I really enjoyed it the past two years. Last year the weather was not kind to us, but the previous year was one of the best I had on the bik.

yeah the weather 2 years ago was amazing and if I remember correctly a complete contrast from the prior weekend when conditions at Sally gap were extremely windy & wet.
    it's a big shame that this is gone as it was on my list of potentials for this year :(

Advertisement