Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help

Options
  • 15-02-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’ve been on emergency tax for months and I want to leave my job as soon asap, can I still get my emergency tax back even if I’ve left the job? I have my p60 and I’ve singed up for the revenue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

I’ve been on emergency tax for months and I want to leave my job as soon asap, can I still get my emergency tax back even if I’ve left the job? I have my p60 and I’ve singed up for the revenue

Yes you can. If the PAYE (tax) relates to 2017, then you will need to use your Revenue "My Account" to request a review of your 2017 PAYE and USC records.
    I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly how to do this, as I am a ROS customer, but I'm sure another poster will advise.

If the tax relates to 2018, then you'll need to send in a Form 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

"my account" in the paye online has a section to request a p21
    I do it every year and every year I get money back

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Why did you not contact revenue yourself and register your tax details with your current employer. This can be done so easily now.
    Yoy can log on to ROS and do everything online.
    For future ask your employer for their registered number and you can inform revenue you are working for that employer.

Advertisement