Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonathan Wilson - Whelan's March 15th...

Options
  • 15-02-2018 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Tickets were under a score, I got four immediately when they went on sale and was amazed to get another over a month later. Cant believe this guy didnt sell out a small venue like that in minutes, he's seriously talented. I love his album Gentle Spirit, I know he isnt promoting that here but still should be a class gig.
    Anyone going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

terrydel wrote: »
    Tickets were under a score, I got four immediately when they went on sale and was amazed to get another over a month later. Cant believe this guy didnt sell out a small venue like that in minutes, he's seriously talented. I love his album Gentle Spirit, I know he isnt promoting that here but still should be a class gig.
    Anyone going?

Yep, I'll be there. Saw him support Tom Petty to a indifferent audience who paid no attention, their loss. Two excellent albums out with new one on the way. This won't sell out so I reckon you could safely buy another 50 tickets there! He just ain't well known here at all & most folk generally ain't interested in his genre whatever category that might fall into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

edhead wrote: »
    Yep, I'll be there. Saw him support Tom Petty to a indifferent audience who paid no attention, their loss. Two excellent albums out with new one on the way. This won't sell out so I reckon you could safely buy another 50 tickets there! He just ain't well known here at all & most folk generally ain't interested in his genre whatever category that might fall into.

I’ve not seen him play here before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Fantastic gig. He’s an incredible talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great guitar player. Plodded along in parts but mostly v enjoyable. Dear Friend was the standout.

Advertisement