Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minimum order size on Kraken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can in theory, but exchanges will impose these lower limits to prevent them clogging up their servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭crytoadvice

You can in theory, but exchanges will impose these lower limits to prevent them clogging up their servers.

Are the limits similar on all exchanges or do they differ widely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Are the limits similar on all exchanges or do they differ widely

The reasoning behind this is to stop the rampant manipulation going on where tons of tiny sell and buy orders get placed before sell walls and after buy walls in order to slow any possible movement in either direction down.

Kraken and Gdax were the first to implement those kinds of changes & I'd hope for it or expect it from the more responsible exchanges.
    Smaller, more questionable exchanges don't give a toss about that kind of action as they're still earning fees and don't have the same commitment to customer service that the larger exchanges have.

grindle wrote: »
    The reasoning behind this is to stop the rampant manipulation going on where tons of tiny sell and buy orders get placed before sell walls and after buy walls in order to slow any possible movement in either direction down.

Kraken and Gdax were the first to implement those kinds of changes & I'd hope for it or expect it from the more responsible exchanges.
    Smaller, more questionable exchanges don't give a toss about that kind of action as they're still earning fees and don't have the same commitment to customer service that the larger exchanges have.
    Thanks , I wasnt aware of that.

Ive attached a screenshot of the minimum amount of Euros needed to place an order for the coins on Kraken that are paired with the Euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thanks , I wasnt aware of that.

Ive attached a screenshot of the minimum amount of Euros needed to place an order for the coins on Kraken that are paired with the Euro
    Why in the name of God would you want to place orders below those minimums?
    Are you doing an accumulator? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Probably for the same reason people put 2 and 3 euro sports bets on.

For many this is a just flutter like gambling - which is what it is!

To check that everything is working correctly before Investing Larger amounts. Given the problems at coinbase atm I think its better to test the exchanges with min amounts first(the smaller the better).

Given the problems at coinbase atm I think its better to test the exchanges with min amounts first(the smaller the better).

Turns out it was a Visa problem, not a Coinbase problem.

These are the updated minimum orders for Kraken since they added currency pairs
    https://blog.kraken.com/post/1494/

XLM is ferociously high!

What's going on there?

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    XLM is ferociously high!

What's going on there?

Im going by the minimum volumes given here. it says 300 for xlm. When i input a buy order of 300 xlm it gives 97.49euro at the current market price.
    Maybe im reading the info wrong

https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/205893708-What-is-the-minimum-order-size-

Advertisement