Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Customer - disorganized setup, can someone sort things out?

Options
  • 15-02-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I signed up for Eir broadband online as a new customer to get the €35 p/m for 6 months and €40 p/m for 6 months offer., switching from Sky. 
    I did this Tue 6th Feb. On Friday 9th of Feb I rang the number provided in my order email as I hadn't gotten a welcome email yet. The woman I spoke to said I was registered as of the Tuesday and said my appointment would be Thurs 15th (today) for setup. She said she'd ring me back if she could get an earlier appointment - Sounded great.

Once I was off the phone I got an email and text saying my appointment was for 20th Feb. The email also said my promotional price was €72, i.e. no discount. So I called back about these two points, I spoke to a different woman. She told me the first lady must have been trying for 15th (she definitely told me it was on the 15th) and that my appointment was the 20th. Fine I'll get over that. When I asked about the price, she looked into it and said the first woman had made a mistake and forgot to input the promotional price, but she was now gone for her lunch, and would be able to do it when she came back. Fine sounded good, finished the call and sent a follow up email to repeat the issue and what would be done.

Didn't hear anything for a few days and got a call this Monday the 12th. Different lady/department to before. Going through my basic details etc. etc. and mentions my appointment was 20th of Feb in the am, am didn't suit me so I asked her to change to pm or Wednesday. She then tried to change it and after a few minutes on hold came back to tell me that the "system" would now only let her choose Feb 25th, a Friday. That was frustrating but fine.
    She continued and noticed the price looked wrong too, I explained what happened and she said she would try to fix it. She tried for several minutes and came back to say she can't fix it until after installation and would ring me back on 23rd of Feb. Apparently this was due to the account being in "pending" status. Ok fine.
    Next she said I'm doing manual billing and not direct debit. I had given my details online but looks like something went wrong. Fine, she said I can add the details after my first bill and I'll get a €2 discount to my price. We ended the call shortly after.

Next, I got two identical letters on different days in the post about my direct debit mandate and confirming the details...??? Fine, at this point nothing bad had happened, just an obvious lack of coordination within Eir.

Now today, I just luckliy happen to be at home, and the installation guy shows up at my house! This is the original date of the 15th which I was told was wrong several times...lucky I was here.

At this point I'm just hesitant to call back and get wrong info.
    I have broadband and the installation was a success so that's great, but I need someone to fix my account/price.

The pricing should be €33 per month for the first 6 months and €38 per month for the next 6 months. This includes the online signup promotional price, and the €2 direct debit discount.
    Can someone look into it and adjust the account please?

Could you also please verify I don't accidentally have two accounts created? I'm getting the feeling something like that could have happened given the double direct debit letter and the misinformation I'm getting.

I will PM my details,

Thanks,
    Babo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

babo9 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I signed up for Eir broadband online as a new customer to get the €35 p/m for 6 months and €40 p/m for 6 months offer., switching from Sky. 
    I did this Tue 6th Feb. On Friday 9th of Feb I rang the number provided in my order email as I hadn't gotten a welcome email yet. The woman I spoke to said I was registered as of the Tuesday and said my appointment would be Thurs 15th (today) for setup. She said she'd ring me back if she could get an earlier appointment - Sounded great.

Once I was off the phone I got an email and text saying my appointment was for 20th Feb. The email also said my promotional price was €72, i.e. no discount. So I called back about these two points, I spoke to a different woman. She told me the first lady must have been trying for 15th (she definitely told me it was on the 15th) and that my appointment was the 20th. Fine I'll get over that. When I asked about the price, she looked into it and said the first woman had made a mistake and forgot to input the promotional price, but she was now gone for her lunch, and would be able to do it when she came back. Fine sounded good, finished the call and sent a follow up email to repeat the issue and what would be done.

Didn't hear anything for a few days and got a call this Monday the 12th. Different lady/department to before. Going through my basic details etc. etc. and mentions my appointment was 20th of Feb in the am, am didn't suit me so I asked her to change to pm or Wednesday. She then tried to change it and after a few minutes on hold came back to tell me that the "system" would now only let her choose Feb 25th, a Friday. That was frustrating but fine.
    She continued and noticed the price looked wrong too, I explained what happened and she said she would try to fix it. She tried for several minutes and came back to say she can't fix it until after installation and would ring me back on 23rd of Feb. Apparently this was due to the account being in "pending" status. Ok fine.
    Next she said I'm doing manual billing and not direct debit. I had given my details online but looks like something went wrong. Fine, she said I can add the details after my first bill and I'll get a €2 discount to my price. We ended the call shortly after.

Next, I got two identical letters on different days in the post about my direct debit mandate and confirming the details...??? Fine, at this point nothing bad had happened, just an obvious lack of coordination within Eir.

Now today, I just luckliy happen to be at home, and the installation guy shows up at my house! This is the original date of the 15th which I was told was wrong several times...lucky I was here.

I have broadband and the installation was a success so that's great, but I need someone to fix my account/price.

The pricing should be €33 per month for the first 6 months and €38 per month for the next 6 months. This includes the online signup promotional price, and the €2 direct debit discount.

Could you also please verify I don't accidentally have two accounts created? I'm getting the feeling something like that could have happened given the double direct debit letter and the misinformation I'm getting.

I will PM my details,

Thanks,
    Babo
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

babo9 wrote: »
    Hi,

I will PM my details,

Thanks,
    Babo
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for the PM. Unfortunate that you guys can't access/alter billing. But I managed to get someone on the phone who was able to change it for me.

Cheers,
    Babo

Advertisement