Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with disciplinary policy

Options
  • 15-02-2018 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Don't want to be id'd so anonymous post. I have a problem in work. Disciplinary procedure over what I consider to be a minor issue. Policy states informal first but escalating to formal if no improvement. There is a get out clause that says mgmt can got to formal whenever they deem it appropriate.

In my case, no informal discussion, training or anything. Investigation and formal written warning immediately.

I have appealed the sanction on the grounds that it is overly severe and policy not being followed but have not been successful.

What i want to know is where do i go from here? HR have said to let it go, no further action can be taken. Surely there is recourse to an external body?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭dennyk

If their policy says they can give you a formal warning if they deem it appropriate, and they deemed it appropriate in this case, then it would seem that they are in fact following the policy. If you believe that you are being discriminated against based on one of the nine grounds defined in the Employment Equality Acts, or your rights are otherwise being violated, you can file a complaint with the Workplace Relations Commission, but otherwise I wouldn't think there's really any "outside body" that dictates when and how your employer can write you up.

Advertisement