Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

On the ball as usual :)
    Looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not on at 7.30 so Twitter said it'd be 8.30..

.. and still not on.

BBC NI screwing with time again?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭onlyonpaper

Thanks to the athletics it was shown on BBC4 which I stumbled across. Won’t give results as I think it’s shown on the regular channel tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Feck, was away for two weeks, this completely passed me by! (although by the sounds of it even if I'd set it to record I'd still have missed it)

How much have I missed???

Only 3 episodes so not much

• Advertisement

Anyone watching tonight?

Some interesting cooks in it this week - especially that Cornwall lady with the headband - hope she doesn't crash and burn tonight!

Also the fella from Newcastle who got through on his Geordie chicken burger :eek:

Jaypers, I thought when he said "make me a pie" he meant... well.... "make me a pie". Not a full pie 'n' three veg 'n' spuds meal!

Silly me!

After the first two, I wonder did anyone take him literally? Cos they'll be dying inside if they did :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Anthony from Newcastle was pretty lucky to get through, but I suppose it came down to the fact that they were iffy about his dessert whereas John actively disliked Kate's. Poor Kate.

twill wrote: »
    Anthony from Newcastle was pretty lucky to get through, but I suppose it came down to the fact that they were iffy about his dessert whereas John actively disliked Kate's. Poor Kate.
    Yeah, I think he'll be fascinating - but I think he'd better sidle over to the more conventional side of things for a bit, he'll go too far one of these days!

Poor Kate indeed - can't say her tart appealed to me at all, either in appearance or description.

All gone very quiet on here lately!

Anyone else tuning in this week?

• Advertisement

Yep got it on now. Sizing them up :)

That was a really strong group. Two or three serious contenders, I think.

Some fairly wacky combinations in tonight's market test!

I always have a soft spot for any Irish contestants in this...... but Lucy looks and sounds like she's given up before she starts!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Definitely the weirdest flavours in the market test so far- salmon with a pear and blue cheese quiche- wut??!
    I know they don't know what exactly will be in the market, but those making food they've never tried cooking before are skating close to the wind. There's brave and there's foolhardy.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jaypers, I thought when he said "make me a pie" he meant... well.... "make me a pie". Not a full pie 'n' three veg 'n' spuds meal!
    I assumed he just meant a pie, ooops!

Can't believe tomorrow is the last night of the heats! It's flown in. :eek:

Just to note that this week's quarter final will be screened on Sunday at 8 p.m. instead of tomorrow.

Sorry, ignore me! Tonight's the quarter final, don't know why it's on Sunday as well.

Is it not on tonight too, though?

Posy wrote: »

Oops, it's actually the quarter final tonight. Apologies! Don't know why it's on Sunday as well.

Who???

Never heard of him!

This should be interesting.....

ETA - aha, I know his face from the Chef's Table rounds, never knew his name though!

Posy wrote: »

Oops, it's actually the quarter final tonight. Apologies! Don't know why it's on Sunday as well.
    Cheers folks. Didn't realise it was on tonight. Nearly missed it!!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who???

Never heard of him!

This should be interesting.....

ETA - aha, I know his face from the Chef's Table rounds, never knew his name though!

Or.....maybe I don't.....

I'll shut up now.

Had a big dinner in the last hour, feeling slightly queasy now looking at all these breakfasts :eek:

Oh poor Lynn!!!! :(

Oh, I hate the restaurant episodes.

I'm glad for Nisha but I was rooting for Lynn.

Oh, I hate the restaurant episodes.

I'm glad for Nisha but I was rooting for Lynn.
    The civvie restaurant episodes aren't as completely ridiculous as the celebrity ones!

I was rooting for Lynn as well. But yer man with the eggshell breakfasts - that was clever.

Nisha has a very high opinion of herself (deservedly so, in fairness!)

Nisha is fantastic!

Yeah, I thought the eggshells were a great idea- although I wouldn't like to have eaten them myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Sunday is the start of Knockout Week.

https://twitter.com/MasterChefUK/status/977125620353298432?s=19

I don't understand Simon's decision to do a Peking duck pie. It sounds just awful. He's really been promising but he's in danger here.

Don't think any of them are Doing well

Yes, think Simon will scrape through because at least the execution was good if not the idea, whereas others didn't get the cooking right.

• Advertisement

Some good looking plates tonight!

Advertisement