Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awww yer man is so lovely!

"There's a Lord and Lady there.... my DAD is in there" Bless!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Alex cooking Nandos at this stage. C'mon

Ah here.... for three of them, this is no challenge, it's what Moonira, Nawamin and Alex have been doing for the whole competition basically!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Tom Banks was really encouraging and seems very down to earth, for a michelin starred chef.

I'm intrigued!

(I'm also clearly a bit behind!)

• Advertisement

Mmmmm, tasty looking dish by Alex there - those fries look delish!

(I'm very under the weather at the moment, craving comfort food just like that)

I'm delighted to hear that at least the narrator appears to know how to pronounce "ballotine" properly (she's the only one :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lol thought exactly the same thing!

Mother of God, WHAT has Nawamin created and served up???

Kenny's dish a bit anaemic-looking for my taste.

• Advertisement

Awwwww..... I thought she had it in her to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

No way can't believe they got rid of Moonira. Alex basically cooked Nados + Greg said he hated the chicken didn't want to eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

I thought she’d be a contender too! Really thought Alex was going there...maybe they didn’t want any more crispy skin scandals! Glad she’s still in though.

appledrop wrote: »
    No way can't believe they got rid of Moonira. Alex basically cooked Nados + Greg said he hated the chicken didn't want to eat it!
    And I never discovered the secret of her hair :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

melmoth77 wrote: »
    I thought she’d be a contender too! Really thought Alex was going there...maybe they didn’t want any more crispy skin scandals! Glad she’s still in though.

Ah yes but even Alex admitted that these ones were meant to be crispy but she ran out of time. Don't understand it at all. Greg said he could barely eat the chicken. Nothing wrong with Mooniras dish just that they wanted it to pack stronger punch. I don't think that's fair.

I’m thinking Nawamin to win unless he completely goes off the wall. Possibly David either, he’s cool, calm and collected!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

appledrop wrote: »
    Ah yes but even Alex admitted that these ones were meant to be crispy but she ran out of time. Don't understand it at all. Greg said he could barely eat the chicken. Nothing wrong with Mooniras dish just that they wanted it to pack stronger punch. I don't think that's fair.
    Agree, I like Alex but she made a fundamental error. Maybe they took the challenge into account? Alex was excellent in that. But still.

I think Alex should have gone. Moonira was a far better cook.

Kenny is skating on thin ice, that's twice he's been in the bottom three discussion.
    I think it's Nawamin's to lose now.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And I never discovered the secret of her hair :mad:
    Nooooooo. :(

Posy wrote: »
    I think Alex should have gone. Moonira was a far better cook.

It could be argued that Alex progressed more and was perhaps more comfortable with classic cooking than Moonira. I agree that Alex should have gone, the cooking error is worse than a slight lack of flavour. If anyone other than Alex was going to be eliminated, I thought it would have been Kenny, not Moonira.

David was pretty good again, though I didn't really like the look of his food. (Ugh, water bath.) But I want to forcibly dye his hair to some real colour, it irritates me so much.

Also, Tommy Banks was really supportive and encouraging and sweet.

twill wrote: »
    David was pretty good again, though I didn't really like the look of his food. (Ugh, water bath.) But I want to forcibly dye his hair to some real colour, it irritates me so much.

What... like give him speed stripes?

Grey is a real color

Feels bad man

• Advertisement

What... like give him speed stripes?

Grey is a real color

Feels bad man
    It's not grey, it has a tinge of something between pink and orange.

Ok, my apologies to David. His hair is fine, it just looks weird under studio lights.

John looked like he wanted someone to rescue him when Gregg was talking about the aphrodisiac.

I think the judges may have known what they were doing when they chose Alex over Moonira. She looked in her element whereas Moonira might have struggled. Nawamin came out on top with his invented dish, I think. They all did very well, though.

The chefs are very nice, and Virgilio is very dishy.

Wow, that Peruvian food was really out there!

Some looked fab, but the alpaca heart Kenny had to cook as part of his meal really turned me off. Heart??! Oh no I couldn't.

I thought David's hairy dish in the restaurant looked like
    pubes.
    :o :pac:

They lost me tonight I'm afraid.

Too out there.

Second chef was some consolation mind you......

The only things I would have eaten tonight were David's chips and rice... and the desserts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Posy wrote: »
    The only things I would have eaten tonight were David's chips and rice... and the desserts! :pac:
    Yep me too. It was just stir fry beef - can't recall what else was in it to make it Peruvian!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I would have eaten everything, including the dried Alpaca heart. Having been fed heart, lung,liver, kidneys, tongue and other bits and pieces by my granny and mother when I was growing up, I have no problem with offal and other slightly out there ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

The piranha skins looked interesting... but served on fish heads?! :eek:

If I was a customer at that restaurant, I'd be so confused about what was/wasn't meant to be eaten...

Yes really out there food - but what an experience for them! Back on at 8pm tonight. Really can’t say who’d go tonight, probably Kenny or Alex...then again anyone can have an off day and slip up.

• Advertisement

Jesus, Alex was kind of robbed there imo

Advertisement