Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Excellent cooking tonight. Everything looked amazing. Going to be tight race tomorrow imo

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basq wrote: »
    Don't know.. can see Kenny, Nawamin and David in top 3.
    #NAILEDIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Jesus, Alex was kind of robbed there imo
    Kenny showed more ambition in spite of his mistake. I knew she'd doomed herself when she went back to the Portugese food.

John was almost in tears. He didn't like kicking her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

Yes thought Kenny was gone there! Aw liked Alex but think it’s between David and Nawamin really. Some good looking dishes there tonight...now I’m hungry! Bowl of cereal it’ll have to be though...
    Don’t know if I’d like the white chocolate profiterole - pork - peanut dish but seemed to work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I also think it's between David and Nawamin.
    Kenny would have to be absolutely faultless (of course, they all will) but he's been making slip ups and mistakes a fair bit lately.

Nawamin could do something too out there, in which case it'll be David's for the taking.

Kenny is my favourite so I'm glad he stayed tonight. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I think Nawamin will win because John loves Thai food but I don't think he deserves to win because all he does is Thai food.

I thought it was interesting that Nawamin admitted that he cooked Thai food because he didn't feel confident enough to try classic cooking. The final is going to be really intriguing. David has shown that he can excel when he puts his mind to it. It'll be close.

Yes, I wouldn’t be able to put money on either one! 8:30pm tonight ... I have wine and black truffle crisps at the ready (-;

• Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

melmoth77 wrote: »
    Yes, I wouldn’t be able to put money on either one! 8:30pm tonight ... I have wine and black truffle crisps at the ready (-;

Your dish sounds nice but you need to work on your presentation.

You also seem to have too much on the plate. You can cook though, just rein yourself in a bit.

I think Nawamin will win because John loves Thai food but I don't think he deserves to win because all he does is Thai food.

How interesting.

Will they let him win such a valuable prize that opens many doors ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭appledrop

Glad Alex is gone didn't rate here as all. I think it's between David + Nawamin. I love Nawamin his dishes are so unqiue. Last nights dish sounded mad but it worked. I don't get the fawning over David. He just does classical cooking which any chef can do with training. He was also really poor as Team Leader on RAF task. Can't wait for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭appledrop

A lot of the previous winners of Masterchef have won because they focus on their own style i.e Thai, Indian etc. You need someone with a unqiue style in my opinion. There are already plenty of classical chefs out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's funny, I've (not quite, but nearly) kind of lost interest at this stage. They've left me behind with their "concept" cookery now.

I'll watch tonight, because at this stage I'm so invested in the personalities and want to see who wins. But the dishes are just not doing it for me any more.

I was absolutely glued to see what who would do next early on (and who would **** up!) but now it's just about who can make the most " :eek: wow :eek: " dish, that I don't even understand.

I'm clearly too ordinary!

ebbsy wrote: »
    Your dish sounds nice but you need to work on your presentation.

You also seem to have too much on the plate. You can cook though, just rein yourself in a bit.

And it’s got to be crispy!!

I have wine and a crunchie :)

And it’s got to be crispy!!

U have just insulted a whole country.

Say 10 male hairies please.

Aww, they're all so nice.

OK, I'm sold on David's dish already, and he hasn't even got to dessert yet!

Part of me hopes Nawamin just pushes things too far and goes off the cliff.

I love David's restraint, and his calm in the face of pressure (that'd be the pilot in him, or what makes him able to be a pilot)

Kenny I'm discounting from the off. Might be a mistake!

Kenny, don't forget the put the bloody cauliflower on the plate this time!

• Advertisement

The fact that they saw fit to criticise David's dishes (however mildly) tells me he hasn't won.

Bah.

And they've left Nawamin to last to judge, despite him being second in the pre-round summaries.

Hmmmm.

David and Kenny’s desert let them down. :(

Oh i hope nawamins tastes as good as it looks!

Don’t like the look of Nawamins desert.

Could boring, classic, just plain good food dishes with no tricks or bells and whistles, actually win MC these days?

I hope so!

Nawamin has made some mistakes. Really don't know how this will go.

Well done Kenny for stepping his game up. He's a real contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Kenny is best tonight,but do they look at their overall performances ?

Delighted for Kenny. Well deserved, he saved the best for last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

He deserves it,was at his best in the final.

• Advertisement

OK, didn't see that coming.

And don't necessarily agree with it!

Advertisement