Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2018

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

He did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well after Saliha and now Kenny I am done with this, Kenny was a creep and should of been out two rounds ago, plus some of the techniques he used in earlier rounds were not that of an amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    OK, didn't see that coming.

And don't necessarily agree with it!

I'm a bit torn as well, I thought David was as good and he's been consistently better throughout the competition. Nawamin has faults of cooking which more or less put him out of contention. However, Kenny really did shine today.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Well after Saliha and now Kenny I am done with this, Kenny was a creep and should of been out two rounds ago, plus some of the techniques he used in earlier rounds were not that of an amateur.

How is he a creep and what were the techniques he used? I've forgotten his earlier dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How was he a creep?

And are you suggesting he's actually a professional chef?

:confused:

He had the best dishes out of the 3 tonight. I would have preferred either of the other two to win, but can't say that Kenny didn't deserve to

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

OK, you'll have to explain all the bits of this post for me!

A creep?
    Should have been out two rounds ago?
    Ringer techniques??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well deserved for Kenny..

.. a couple of slips in later rounds but he was superb in the final.

He hasn't got the theatrics but you need more than that to win Masterchef!

More deserving winner in a while IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

Kenny definitely did seem to cook to his best tonight but overall he made a lot of mistakes during the series. I still think Nawamin should have won. Yes his dishes weren't perfect but he is still a once in a lifetime chef. Think about it when they were visiting all the tops restaurants they all had slightly mad dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

Wow yes wasn’t expecting that, really was thinking Nawamin! But glad for him. Now to wait for masterchef USA, where they’re all a lot more cutthroat!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was delighted for Kenny. He was my favourite. :D

I thought David and Kenny's dishes were good, classic restaurant quality food. Fillet of beef with veg, chocolate ganache etc... yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

I'm not unhappy for Kenny but I think David would have been a more deserving winner; he was definitely more consistent, whereas Kenny's two most recent performances contained big mistakes; the unset jelly and the missing cauliflower. David's performance in both of those tests was clearly better.

(I was wondering who David flies for and from the Airbus cockpit and his northeastern location I'm guessing EasyJet.)

Edit: I was wrong - It's Thomas Cook. How appropriate. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

David played it way to safe. If he'd served up any of his meals from the previous rounds he would've won! He's been very consistent throughout, I don't know why he played it so safe this week. He should've won... if only he picked another menu.

Glad for Kenny, even though there were a couple of weeks where I really thought he should've been sent home!

I thought Nawamin starter looked absolutely amazing. It was a crying shame that his duck was so overdone and just a little too much theatrics rather than substance for the dessert. He really upped his game recently though (satay profiterole?! who would've thought that'd work!!) so I think he deserved his place in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

A lot of Kenny's menu seemed to be taken straight from earlier rounds, thought that might have been held against him but it seemed to work to his advantage going off what the judges said

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought Kenny was the weakest of the finalists over the course of the competition but for whatever reason they don't seem to judge the winner over the entirety of the show. Just purely on how they cook in the final. And to be fair both David and Nawamin seemed to underperform for different reasons in the final. David went very simple but his starter and dessert were both similiar creamy type textures and Nawamin overdid the gimmicks. Kenny was solid in the final (his dessert looked rough though) but he was lucky enough to even get there. Could easily have gone out the previous round.

Surprised they let Kenny pretty much nick Tommy Banks's entire beetroot dish for his main though. He just added a pigeon breast to it. One thing being inspired by one of the challenges in the previous episodes and another to pretty much copy 80% of it.

I also wonder did the fact that he is probably the likelist of the three to make a career out of food after MC also play into it a bit. Nawamin is going into the medical field and David is an airline pilot. Both are probably going to stick with their careers. Kenny works in a bank. You could see him taking a work sabbatical to try and make a career in the food industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Ok, we had it recorded - so watching it way behind everyone else...

We watched the 2nd last episode last night - and understood that Kenny was eliminated..

but then watching the final tonight - no sign of Alex - and Kenny is there...

But I deleted the 2nd last series so I could not watch it back...

Did something happen? Did Kenny somehow get back in instead of Alex or did we imagine that Alex stayed and they Kenny got eliminated in the 2nd last episode?

in any event was hoping Kenny or Alex would win so cool

Just wondering if we are thick now or what? lol We thought that Kenny got eliminated???

Advertisement