Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any differences between having a religion and going to church, to a cult?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,393 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oldtree wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.

My experience has been the compete opposite. Despite being brought to church when young, at 8 I can remember wondering what on earth this was all about. My only inner voice is what I would call my mind, and is most definitely me.

Oh, I had my fair share of wasted time at chruch as well! Perhaps you should try listening to the inner you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Rather than being a distinct separate voice it is just the result of engaging with my own brain in a different way.

The "higher self" I and many people access through techniques like meditation is for us merely the result that comes from changing the nature or structure of that conversation.

Now that I can understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Oh, I had my fair share of wasted time at chruch as well! Perhaps you should try listening to the inner you?

My inner me (my mind) has great debates, that I can't but hear. ;)

Advertisement