Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit rating

• 15-02-2018 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi folks just a simple question here (I think)

But basically I had a loan a few years ago which I was young stupid and messed up on payments leaving a scar on my credit report.

Basically the removal date is January 2019! I’m in a much better position now salary, work, savings and really just learned how to budget inside means and of course all that bit older (hopefully wiser)

My question is come January 2019 does it mean I don’t have a bad credit history in terms of looking at a mortgage? Or am I basically doomed!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

info13 wrote: »
    Hi folks just a simple question here (I think)

But basically I had a loan a few years ago which I was young stupid and messed up on payments leaving a scar on my credit report.

Basically the removal date is January 2019! I’m in a much better position now salary, work, savings and really just learned how to budget inside means and of course all that bit older (hopefully wiser)

My question is come January 2019 does it mean I don’t have a bad credit history in terms of looking at a mortgage? Or am I basically

It will show on credit report for 5 years after it has been cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭info13

Darren 83 wrote: »
    info13 wrote: »
    It will show on credit report for 5 years after it has been cleared.

So January 2019 I should be able to apply without any stop signs from that side of things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

It should be clear then, but just to be safe before you start the mortgage appcalition I'd order your Credit Report and have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭info13

It should be clear then, but just to be safe before you start the mortgage appcalition I'd order your Credit Report and have a look at it.

Thanks ðŸ‘ðŸ»Here’s hoping now finally ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Just be aware that the record will stay on the Financial Institution that lent to you in the first place so would avoid if applying for a mortgage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sorry,I didn't want to open another credit rating forum,anyway I just received my credit report and looks good with all payments I owe to different laces are all up to date and no missed payments,thing is it doesn't show CBS score on it which is what I wanted to know.
    Does anyone know how I can get this score,thanks

Advertisement