Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mr E wrote: »
    First two are free.

€2.49 for each of the other 8.

There is no way to subscribe to YouTube Red in Ireland yet...

https://www.youtube.com/red

Will it not work by going over a VPN?
    Just watched the first episode there. Excellent. Hard not to have sympathy for Johnny. Trying to figure out how he went off the rails after the loss really considering he took it with such grace and sportsmanship at the time.

I think it was the fact he became disillusioned with the Cobra Kai who defined his youth in many respect. While a bad company they gave him organisation, structure and discipline in his life and when that went there was a huge void to fill.

Such an interesting story in many respects. Needs a cameo or two from Elizabeth Shue though ;)

Geez - could we have some spoilers please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've watched the first 4 episodes and this show has so much heart they have done an amazing job.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Will it not work by going over a VPN?

Geez - could we have some spoilers please :D

I didn't give away any of the episode. A spoiler would be where I explained what happened in the actual episode. I merely speculated on his back story. Those who seen the movie will be familiar with what happened in the original film. Personally if you haven't I recommend you do

• Registered Users Posts: 12 waylander995

I've watched the first 4 episodes and this show has so much heart they have done an amazing job.

hi agent coulsen how did you watch them. did you pay for them. i cant seem to be able to pay for them on you tube. trying for ages all im getting is the preview

hi agent coulsen how did you watch them. did you pay for them. i cant seem to be able to pay for them on you tube. trying for ages all im getting is the preview

infacteh wrote: »
    Or you can sign up to a month's free trial on Youtube Red when you're on your American 'holidays'!

I'm on holiday.

• Advertisement

Well just watched the whole thing and it was fantastic.

Whoever wrote it deserves a lot of credit for writing a real family friendly story keeping the spirit of the original Karate Kid alive and giving that story a depth it didn't have before.

That last 5 minutes as well setting up what will hopefully be a second season.

I just wish I had watched The Karate Kid again before I started this.

Well just watched the whole thing and it was fantastic.

Whoever wrote it deserves a lot of credit for writing a real family friendly story keeping the spirit of the original Karate Kid alive and giving that story a depth it didn't have before.

That last 5 minutes as well setting up what will hopefully be a second season.
    I just wish I had watched The Karate Kid again before I started this.

Enjoyed it immensely...
    Daniel and Johnny getting pissed talking about old times. Johnny is still desperately clinging on to the 80s like a Liverpool supporter

And last but not least
    Return of Kreese

Oh btw i did laugh at the fact one of the characters is called 'Robby Keene'......Was it his dream to do karate i wonder? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Just finished watching it, I enjoyed it as much as I had hoped. Half way through, I was wondering where they could take it for a second season, but then it ends perfectly!

I didn't give away any of the episode. A spoiler would be where I explained what happened in the actual episode. I merely speculated on his back story. Those who seen the movie will be familiar with what happened in the original film. Personally if you haven't I recommend you do

I wasnt actually being serious, hence the smiley face! I mean like who hasnt seen the movie at least once

I wasnt actually being serious, hence the smiley face! I mean like who hasnt seen the movie at least once

It's a great movie. Cheesy but brilliant none the less.

• Advertisement

The first episode has over 10 million views after two days.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just finished watching the every episode.
    Brilliant is all I can say.

Cant wait for season 2 now!!!

The first episode has over 10 million views after two days.

Saw that this morning, thats quite good. Must get around to watch Danny's story but he seems like a bit of dick, i mean he was a bit of a dick in the movie too :D

Saw that this morning, thats quite good. Must get around to watch Danny's story but he seems like a bit of dick, i mean he was a bit of a dick in the movie too :D

I think anyone who liked Gene Hunts character will like Johnny's. Politically incorrect and doesnt give a fúck. A mans-man
    Bit of smugness about Daniel alright but overall a good guy I think. Just goes to show that meeting the right people to guide you is sometimes a game of chance. Johnny seemed to draw the short straw in this regard.

I am beginning to woonder if there was a greater mission with the Cobra Kai in the original films in that perhaps Kreese was a disgruntled ex service man in Vietnam and was training an almost ISIS like army of impressionable youngsters to over throw the government or something bizarre like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Watched the first 2 yesterday and enjoyed them but cant see me paying for the rest so will have to find a different way.
    Good story so far and resisted the temptation to make it just a big cheesy nostalgia trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Finished it off this morning.I wasn't expecting much but its surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Very pleasantly surprised by this
    Look forward to the second season

Tho cant believe Will Smith had anything to do with it after that other monstrosity with his son who annoys the hell outta me

Will Smith owns the rights to Karate Kid he bought them so he could give his kid a job.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Very pleasantly surprised by this
    Look forward to the second season

Tho cant believe Will Smith had anything to do with it after that other monstrosity with his son who annoys the hell outta me
    Will Smith owns the rights to Karate Kid he bought them so he could give his kid a job.

Seen a brilliant comment under one of the Youtube videos the other day. :D

"Fear does not exist in this dojo! Does it?
    NO SENSEI
    Pain does not exist in this dojo! Does it?
    NO SENSEI
    Jaden Smith does not exist in this dojo! Does he?
    NO SENSEI! "

Can it be please be wiped from every catalogue on the planet? Worst re-make ever, bar the ghostbusters one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Can it be please be wiped from every catalogue on the planet? Worst re-make ever, bar the ghostbusters one!

booo! :D ghostbusters was ruined by pc nonsense , this is kind of refreshing, there is one scene where they seem to be making fun of the lefty teachers with their gender suggestions for fancy dress. also the characters arent lack and white.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    booo! :D ghostbusters was ruined by pc nonsense , this is kind of refreshing, there is one scene where they seem to be making fun of the lefty teachers with their gender suggestions for fancy dress. also the characters arent lack and white.

I was talking about the jaden smith ****e

Episode 5 - got me right in the feels!!

it took me awhile to click that the wife is Missy from big bang

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Ye Sheldon's hot sister. :)

Ye Sheldon's hot sister. :)

Who became Daniel sans hot wife. In fairness she seems to have taken over as the voice of reason in Daniels life since Miyagi died

Speak of the anti pc nonsense there is one great scene in the season finale
    Some Trudeau wannabe who is defending champion gives an irrelevant speech about Loving one another and other virtue signalling bullshít and Johnny tells Miguel to kick him in the face with first chance. Also, almost everyone in the audience is absolutely cringeing at his speech

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Nah, it was just ****e. Would have been just as ****e if it was a similar gender/ethnic make up as the first one. The Original was a classic that didn't need rebooting or remaking, trotting out the it's crap because it's too PC suggests you're a little too easily triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

booo! :Dghostbusters was ruined by pc nonsense , this is kind of refreshing, there is one scene where they seem to be making fun of the lefty teachers with their gender suggestions for fancy dress. also the characters arent lack and white.
    No it was just utter ****e.

• Advertisement

Nah, it was just ****e. Would have been just as ****e if it was a similar gender/ethnic make up as the first one. The Original was a classic that didn't need rebooting or remaking, trotting out the it's crap because it's too PC suggests you're a little too easily triggered.

its not about being triggered, but I would argue that if you put sjw "teaching moments" into tv shows , it either means the makers have run out of good ideas or it takes away from the story lines and characters.

Advertisement