Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That's true and not all of them will make a fist of it. In fact, i would be somewhat nervous for the second season of CK.
    This series works because the first Karate Kid film was absolutely brilliant, but the second or third....not so much.

I pretend there was just one movie, ditto Rambo, Rocky, ghostbusters and porkies

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya only one Karate Kid film for me too !!

I think they will have enough for another season, if they keep it to the same 10 short episodes. No point trying to milk it too much !

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Martin Kove
    is joining the cast as a season regular for season 2.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Drink it, put hair on your balls.

Lol

beertons wrote: »
    Drink it, put hair on your balls.

Lol

I love the constant swiping at modern day political correctness throughout. Ironic though that this show was picked up by Google owned YouTube who are pretty much left oriented. Just shows the rampant hypocrites they are when there is potentially huge viewership and revenue on the cards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I love the constant swiping at modern day political correctness throughout. Ironic though that this show was picked up by Google owned YouTube who are pretty much left oriented. Just shows the rampant hypocrites they are when there is potentially huge viewership and revenue on the cards

You're over thinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Started to watch it earlier. Currently on episode 5 and loving it

Pelvis wrote: »
    You're over thinking it.

Ah here, a welders dog could see the mocking references they make to PC throughout the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just finished it.

Being a lover of 80 movies and music The Karate Kid is one of my all time classics.

Cannot believe how well done this was!!
    Perfect amount of nostalgia, flashbacks and everything else. Found myself smiling away watching it so many times. Absolutely loved it.

That's how to do a reboot!!!

Currently watching the original Karate Kid film, and find myself rooting for Johnny !!

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    Currently watching the original Karate Kid film, and find myself rooting for Johnny !!

Nah to be honest he was a bastard not that Daniel was perfect either but he was brainwashed by a headcase Sensei who played on the insecurities of the kids who trained under him.

Nah to be honest he was a bastard not that Daniel was perfect either but he was brainwashed by a headcase Sensei who played on the insecurities of the kids who trained under him.

true, that was near the start of the film I was thinking that, by the end i was on team Daniel again !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Didn't hear about this till yesterday. Watched the whole thing straight through, it was that good.

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I totally forgot this show was even being made or a thing until I stumbled across it on YouTube as the first two episodes are free.

Really expected this to be some cheesy, nostalgia fest with god awful acting and a crap story.

Imagine my shock when it turned out to actually be a really, really good watch with a decent amount of references. Totally recommend watching this.

Edit: I never did like Daniel, he's the snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Finally finally got around to watching this, I'm a ridiculously huge fan of the original movies so wasn't sure what to expect from this. It was perfect, really enjoyable.

Season 2 teaser trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Are all episodes from season 1 free view yet? Or do I still need YouTube premium

Season 2 teaser trailer

Looks excellent. Im predicting them to go a little SJW at the finale of this season though and have Sam vs Ayisha in the All Valley final with Sam to knick it barely at the death. Interesting to see how John Kreese blends back into it. Wonder will Terry Silver make a reappearance?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are all episodes from season 1 free view yet? Or do I still need YouTube premium

Still premium.....but i dont think thats a fool proof way of stopping people from seeing this series somehow.....just a hunch from a concerned citizen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

When's season 2 out?

Asus X540L wrote: »
    When's season 2 out?

April 24th. Not long away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Looks good. I can see it eventually ending up with Johnny and Daniel joining forces against Kreese, and then running a karate school together, but they will probably drag it out for a few years before it gets to that. I love Johnny in it; he is the real standout in the show, and has the best lines. Can't wait to see him and Kreese back in action :) I do wish the show was more for adults though, less focus on the kids, and more sex/violence/bad language; let Johnny be really unhinged. It's just a little soft for me, but I guess it is trying to appeal to kids as well (as the original Karate Kid movies did). Just don't bring Hilary Swank into it!

Looks good. I can see it eventually ending up with Johnny and Daniel joining forces against Kreese, and then running a karate school together, but they will probably drag it out for a few years before it gets to that. I love Johnny in it; he is the real standout in the show, and has the best lines. Can't wait to see him and Kreese back in action :) I do wish the show was more for adults though, less focus on the kids, and more sex/violence/bad language; let Johnny be really unhinged. It's just a little soft for me, but I guess it is trying to appeal to kids as well (as the original Karate Kid movies did). Just don't bring Hilary Swank into it!

I notice there is a new chick in it with the surname 'Schwarber' which was Ali's married name in the last season. To be honest I hope they arent just going to shoe horn old faces into the show for the sake of it although its feasible that Ali would move back to LA with the family.

I originally said Daniels daughter would probably fight Ayisha in the All Valley final but now id say it will be Ali's daughter to put a nice twist on things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

watching this, William Zabka cant act for ****, no emphasis on his words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

That's funny. I only watch it because of him, otherwise it would just be some vanilla teen drama.

William Zabka was the stand out for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Likewise, he is easily the best thing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What tripe.

Clearly we are all right, it is you who is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

alan tudyk could play william zabka and he would be much better

Advertisement