Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

alan tudyk could play william zabka and he would be much better

Look at the dozens upon dozens of Youtube videos...William Zabkas 'Johnny' is a huge fans favourite of the KK franchise. Plus the acting is hammy on all fronts but thats because the dialogue itself is a bit hammy. The story itself is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Deceptive thumbnail! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

First clip looks good. "would you rather be a cobra that kills a lion or a crippled monkey?" :pac: So it looks like Johnny is seeing the error of his ways and wants to change his toxic influence on the kids. This is where I see Kreese stepping in and taking the already corrupted students, like Hawk, on as students. He'll be the anti-Mr. Miyagi!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Look at the dozens upon dozens of Youtube videos...William Zabkas 'Johnny' is a huge fans favourite of the KK franchise. Plus the acting is hammy on all fronts but thats because the dialogue itself is a bit hammy. The story itself is excellent

alan tudyk mo-capped with zabka visage, could play william zabka and he would be much better

danial-father is a bit ott, give a bit of his over-expressiveness to zabka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i think william zabka plays william zabka best ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

2smiggy wrote: »
    i think william zabka plays william zabka best ...

I feel he’s type cast

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

****, that looks great. Got a major rush watching that :pac::pac::pac:

Johnny will have a huge struggle with the conscience this season I'm guessing, Just as he is trying to change Cobra Kai, Kreese comes back pulling the strings.

To be honest i fear they are going to overdo the Cobra Kai 'badasses' thing. Sure ok - the Cobra Kai are bullies, but originally they were just spoilt little brats who were familiar with the dark arts in a tournament situation and used get up to the bit of mischief. Now it seems they are going to become a cult-like menace to greater society.

Wonder will any of the original Cobra Kai make a cameo? Dont think any of them are full time actors (or went into full time acting) after the first movie. I know that Ron Thomas (who played Bobby) is a motivation and personal development coach now.

• Advertisement

For anyone who loves ESPN'S 30 for 30 Documentaries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

"Get him a body bag! Yeah!" reminded me of this from Robot Chicken.

"Get him a body bag! Yeah!" reminded me of this from Robot Chicken.

Lol, Thats excellent. Always laughed at that line. Considering Daniel actually beat him and Dutch, Tommy would have been better to keep the head down, but Hollywood being Hollywood, characters have memories like goldfish. Funny how Kreese kicked Johnny off the team in spite of his narrow defeat and yet Daniel beat three members of the dojo previously (4 if you count Bobby's disqualification)

Id say Johnny inspired the character of Ken to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Let’s say I don’t have premium YouTube, how else would one watch season 1? Pm’s Welcome, please.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Let’s say I don’t have premium YouTube, how else would one watch season 1? Pm’s Welcome, please.

YouTube premium offers 1 month free trial, but you must be quick about cancelling it and making sure that it doesnt renew after 1 month

Drops tomorrow.

Two episodes in and keeping the standard it set in season 1.

Johnny on the phone....Yes we except boys and girls.....Gender what? Is this a prank call :)

Episode 6 brings......
    back Johnny's original gang

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Just on episode 8 and its some show, I really enjoyed episode 7 it was very nostalgic and emotional.

Binge watching it all day, its done really well and the sound track is preddy good....

• Advertisement

What a fantastic season and that was a day well spent binge watching it.

The corridor fight scene in the final episode is up there with anything from the Daredevil for me.

Season 3 set up brilliantly as well in the final episode. (
    Facebook Messenger as well
    )

William Zabka deserves to get nominated for a few awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Its definitely set up for another season of intrigue, Johnny is really trying his best.

Daniel needs to stop his tantrums, it's like the roles have reversed.
    His wife is a good woman, she keeps him in check.

If Johnny kicked the booze in the third season it would good to see him sober up a bit, I think that's the way it'll go, and himself and Daniel will set up a dojo and mix it up.

It was great to see Bobby and how he turned out, he was a good guy.
    That scene where they all changed their look when Johnny mentioned that he started up cobra kai was intense.

It was sad seeing
    Tommy
    passing away, but he put up a great last fight, including Pastor Bobby who kicked ass...

Excellent Season overall.

My favourite episode was #6
    The reunion of the old Cobra Kai gang. Poor Tommy :( His final line in KK1 was ''Get him a body bag''. His final scene in the whole Miyagi universe was to be zipped up in a body bag.....I shouldnt laugh but i loved the little irony :pac: Chad McQueen didnt reprise his role unfortunately but it was good writing to have Dutch in prison on a long stretch and very apt.

I like the way this season humanised Kreese more. While his whole never give up mantra is admirable, his pride and stubbornness has been his ultimate downfall in life.
    All his talk about winning the war and yet he is basically a broke, washed up man moving from homeless shelter to homeless shelter. I would hazard a guess that Terry Silver and Mike Barnes will appear in season three

And I think it might be apt to have Chozen from the second KK movie appear at some stage.......for 'balance' of course ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Watched 2 eps so far. Not feeling it as much as season 1. I think there was ONE joke in the two episodes. Hope it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just watched ep3 but could have watched a lot more. Great episode, Miyagi Do looks pure lame! Anyone else get the episode title as a nod to GoT or is it just coincidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only watched the first two but it's more of the same, and a very easy watch.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just watched ep3 but could have watched a lot more. Great episode, Miyagi Do looks pure lame! Anyone else get the episode title as a nod to GoT or is it just coincidence?

Miyagi-Do was always a long term holistic process aimed more at long term personal developmentand growth though. Its mantra is that fighting is the last resort to resolve conflict.

Cobra Kai takes a more 'straight in-no kissing' approach and is for the instant gratification junkies with short attention spans of which the world is full of today.

The use of
    Fire and ice by each respective dojo at the county fair was a nice clever bit of writing. A good analogy. One dojo is ice-cool while the other is all out fiery rage and aggro

A thought just struck me watching CK.

So how has
    John Kreese without a red cent to his name managed to take the lease off the CK dojo from under Johnnys nose?

Yes Johnny didnt have a concrete agreement in place with the landlord, just a handshake, but even then, how would Kreese afford to come in and usurp him all of a sudden? I'm guessing that Terry Silver has ponied up the money and we will be seeing him next season at some stage. I loved him in KK3. Hope he brings back his cartoon villainy. Johnny im guessing will form an alliance with Daniel to take down CK for good
    :D

Watched the first episode last night: it's on a par with the first series. Very entertaining, although I almost wish there was no Daniel and family in it. When Daniel and his wife and kids (and Robbie) are onscreen it feels like a teen drama, whereas when Johnny is there it feels like a darker, and much more entertaining, show. FYI Ralph Macchio is 57!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

yeah I am really disliking Daniel and his family (bar the daughter) Robbie is so annoying too.

Advertisement