Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was the third season not shot already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

So YouTube not making any more series?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Asus X540L wrote: »
    So YouTube not making any more series?

No they are done and have cancelled all but 3 shows which they offloaded to other networks or streamers some of the cancelled shows are looking for other homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

No they are done and have cancelled all but 3 shows which they offloaded to other networks or streamers some of the cancelled shows are looking for other homes.

lol and youtube premium costs 11.99 a month.

Screw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the first episode of season 1 a few years ago and it didn't click with me at all.
    Johnny became a bum and Daniel became an unlikable yuppy. I bailed after the first one.

Decided to give it another try this week and jesus it got so much better after episode 1.
    The finale was a real crowd pleaser.

Now onto season 2. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I watched the first episode of season 1 a few years ago and it didn't click with me at all.
    Johnny became a bum and Daniel became an unlikable yuppy. I bailed after the first one.

Decided to give it another try this week and jesus it got so much better after episode 1.
    The finale was a real crowd pleaser.

Now onto season 2. :)

You gave up originally after one episode??? Jeez your a hard man to please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished season 2. It was a bit of a redemption for Johnny and the last episode was good fun. The outcome of the fight was a bit of a shocker.

See you when season 3 is released. :)

Seasons 1 & 2 join Netflix on August 28th no date for when season 3 will drop.

Netflix's first promo
    Season 1 and 2 drop on Netflix on August 28th

Season 3 will arrive in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I binged this on Netflix from Saturday through til last night and I can't stop thinking about it! Such a great show, really well done with excellent pace. William Zabka is the stand-out for me, he makes me root for Johnny despite his flaws.

Roll on Season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I liked this far more than I should have. Some very clever editing as well. Almost through the 2 seasons.

I hope that kids in American don't actually still behave like these stereotypes, thats the only real let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭893bet

Love it. Cringy. But love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Halfway through s2 and this is one of the best shows I've watched in a while. The balance between comedy and drama is done perfectly, and Johnny is just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Finally got around to watching Season 2.

Y'know what, this is a fun show with the right twist of nostalgia thrown in too. I wonder if they'll bring in the bad guy from Karate Kid 3 at some point?

It's amazing though, every single twist and issue with this show could be resolved by Daniel and Johnny have a 3 minute conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Finished S2 last night. Really good fight scene at the end. Holds the line between nostalgia and corny (just about at times) and is well acted for the most part. I enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Halfway through s2 and this is one of the best shows I've watched in a while. The balance between comedy and drama is done perfectly, and Johnny is just brilliant.

Johnny is excellent. The show itself is so bad it’s a brilliant.

Ralph Macchio’s rockin’ a sweet comb over

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's amazing though, every single twist and issue with this show could be resolved by Daniel and Johnny have a 3 minute conversation.

They do have plenty of conversations. The problem is that Daniel in particular is too wedded to his idea of him as the perfect hero and everything about Johnny and Cobra Kai as bad, to the point that he eventually decides it's also true about Robbie. Every time he starts to think differently of Johnny, he immediately jumps on the first thing that happens to allow him to go back to his original world view because he never wants to look to his own culpability in the bad things that happen. Sam is the exact same as him. While Tori is far from blameless, Sam made false accusations about her and never apologised, then went about acting as if she was the blameless hero and Tori the bad guy.

Johnny accepts his share of the blame for the bad things that happen. He knows that he made mistakes that have had terrible consequences. He feels awful about the results of his actions. While Daniel immediately reverts to being self-righteously blameless. Even deciding that the troubled child he trained and used to fuel a pressure cooker situation both in his 'war' with Johnny and constantly placed in highly charged situations with his own daughter, was just bad because of his genetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Finished it last night, great show, can't wait for S3, hopefully Elisabeth Shue makes an appearance.

Last episode in the school was exciting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Almost finished S1. This is great stuff. Dont know if its the nostalaga factor but its great. Episodes are just perfect length as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

So good but so cheesy; it's like Johnny went into a coma and woke up in the present day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

So good but so cheesy; it's like Johnny went into a coma and woke up in the present day.

There was no need to make more movies after Iron Eagle 2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Finished season 2 a while back, cant wait for season 3. Was due to come out during the summer but got delayed due to covid, apparently they have already filmed it. I wonder what story they are going tell next everything seems to be up in the air after the season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I really feel like a few Coors banquet this weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Watched the Karate Kid today as a refresh before I started this series (well had it on in the background while I cleaned the house).

It really is a Godawful film, people say its like they made Rocky for teens but its nothing like Rocky, its just... stupid. The fighting in it is abysmal aswell which should have been the main draw. Its really hard to see why it was such a success even back in the day but I know I loved it myself so its a strange one. Ive never seen something age so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Thargor wrote: »
    Watched the Karate Kid today as a refresh before I started this series (well had it on in the background while I cleaned the house).

It really is a Godawful film, people say its like they made Rocky for teens but its nothing like Rocky, its just... stupid. The fighting in it is abysmal aswell which should have been the main draw. Its really hard to see why it was such a success even back in the day but I know I loved it myself so its a strange one. Ive never seen something age so badly.

Most 80s movies were ****e, to be quite honest, even the supposedly great ones (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, E.T., etc). I think we just loved them because we were kids and lived in 80s Ireland :pac:

Having said that, I'm a sucker for a good 80s montage with a pumping soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I re-watched it recently too and thought it was brilliant! But I also like those 80s films with great soundtracks :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You are talking absolute nonsense of the highest order. It’s still amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

Sonics2k wrote: »

Ha totally agree with this - its something they keep coming back to they spend time together bond and are besties and then the smallest thing happens and its all out war again - rinse and repeat. For what its worth i really like the show some of the character arcs are not that believable but we're not watching this for deep layered writing. Certain characters seem to have totally changed mid season such as robbie. Very enjoyable though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

There’s a lot of drinking driving in it as well. No one seems to be bother by that lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    There’s a lot of drinking driving in it as well. No one seems to be bother by that lol.

And beating up/ assaulting random people ( the car sales guy for instance. thats a prison sentence here) for very little reason.

:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement