Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

The very worst of the films made in the 80s, and I mean absolutely awful (most likely starring Martin Shortt), is still better than the ''woke'', politically loaded, CGI loaded ****e hitting our screens today

So good but so cheesy; it's like Johnny went into a coma and woke up in the present day.

Lol, reverse Life on Mars almost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

The very worst of the films made in the 80s, and I mean absolutely awful (most likely starring Martin Shortt), is still better than the ''woke'', politically loaded, CGI loaded ****e hitting our screens today

No need to make this thread political. Theirs already plenty of that on boards.

Zookey123 wrote: »
    No need to make this thread political. Theirs already plenty of that on boards.

Im not. Im just saying the films today are rubbish and i gave a reason why I think they are.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Watched Karate Kid again last week. Well, I say "again", but I think it was actually the first time I'd ever seen it from start to finish. Loved every moment, especially Mr. Miyagi's teaching style.

I only discovered Cobra Kai existed by accident because I went searching for Karate Kid Part 2. :pac:

Just finished season 2 today and can not wait for season 3. It's like they took the best parts of Stranger Things, Daredevil, the 1980s and the original movies and put them all together. Johnny's an amazing character and his development over the 20 episodes is fascinating, not to mention his killer, bad-ass comedic lines. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

When's season 3 out lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Asus X540L wrote: »
    When's season 3 out lads?

Spring 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Spring 2021

Wat
    Thought it was this year for sure.

God damned virus

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Wat
    Thought it was this year for sure.

God damned virus

It's filmed and finished and ready to go.

I think the reason for it arriving next year is Netflix just bought it off YouTube and want it's viewers to start watching it and get anticipation for season 3 high before they drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Loved it. Found myself smiling so often and the music, oh joy.

Was watching it and my children sat down and asked who kreese was and I started to explain and stopped. “Better to show you who Kreese really is then explain him” so I Watched Karate Kid movie again like somebody else said and forgotten how good that was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Just finished. Karate Kid defined my summer back in 2005. Left such an impression. The scenes where its 1984 and 2018 are just indescribale. Something about the transience of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Season 3 is looking good, chozen will more than likely be back.

And I'm anticipating a face off between Chozen and one of the cobra kai sensei.
    I'd prefer if it was Terry Silver or Mike Barnes, Kreese is too old now.

Chozen is a totally different kettle of fish to Daniel, he'd be more brutal and has that killer instinct... Well should I say had that killer instinct.

He might have changed his ways and redeemed himself...

nthclare wrote: »
    Season 3 is looking good, chozen will more than likely be back.

And I'm anticipating a face off between Chozen and one of the cobra kai sensei.
    I'd prefer if it was Terry Silver or Mike Barnes, Kreese is too old now.

Chozen is a totally different kettle of fish to Daniel, he'd be more brutal and has that killer instinct... Well should I say had that killer instinct.

He might have changed his ways and redeemed himself...

Honour was a big thing for Chozen, so he could take the opportunity to regain some

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am wondering now that Netflix own the series will they be able to get Hillary Swank involved at some stage as she is starring in another Netflix series.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just rewatched KK for the first time in 30 yrs or whatever last night! :eek:

Do I need to watch the sequels before starting Cobra Kai?? I kinda want to jump straight into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

py2006 wrote: »

Do I need to watch the sequels before starting Cobra Kai?? I kinda want to jump straight into it now.

Nah, jump straight in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

No. I do not remember the sequels and watched Cobra Kai. It didnt feel like I lost out on any references. Must watch the sequels to make sure though!

Great first episode! Larusso a bit of a douche! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished S2, took a while to get going but got there in the end. S1 better than S2 but looking forward to S3. Man I would murder a few Coors Banquet right now.

• Advertisement

Great first episode! Larusso a bit of a douche! haha

Thought season 3 was out for a second !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Glebee wrote: »
    Just finished S2, took a while to get going but got there in the end. S1 better than S2 but looking forward to S3. Man I would murder a few Coors Banquet right now.

My favourite scene in Cobra Kai so far was the restaurant towards the end of S2. But yes, I would say S1 was probably a bit stronger.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just finished it on Netflix, I enjoyed it but I felt it jumped the shark in the last episode.
    The school shemozzle was a bit ridiculous to begin with nevermind how it finished, thought Tory was going slash Sam's neck with that bracelet, and did Robby try to murder Miguel, saw a preview of the next series where he wakes up, if he somehow survived that he'd be paraplegic for the rest of his life, amazing lack of blood in it, I stabbed myself with a nail scissors a few weeks ago and bled more than that, frightening amount of concussions in it too, I'll probably give the next few episodes a go, but it feels like it's gone too ludicrous at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I only discovered this and binge watched it while incredibly hungover on Monday (not every week your team beat the champions 7-2)

Am I alone in thinking that Johnny Lawrence is just an older version of Jesse Pinkman?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lashed through the two series.

Some horrendous acting but mostly in the background, really enjoyed it.
    Johnny is the man.

Some of those kids will be dribbling their soup by the time they’re finished high school, concussions everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

razorblunt wrote: »
    Lashed through the two series.

Some horrendous acting but mostly in the background, really enjoyed it.
    Johnny is the man.

Some of those kids will be dribbling their soup by the time they’re finished high school, concussions everywhere.

Who didn't ya like as an actor? I thought everyone apart from larussos daughter was fantastic

Not sure I like what they did with Daniel Larusso's character. He is a pathetic little douchebag who can't think or do anything right until his perfect wife sets him straight.

Also, anyone else notice the amount of scenes where either Johnny or Daniel walk in or out of a room only to have to take a double-take as the spot somebody they recognise.

Aside from that, I actually really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I would love to know if there was a bump in sales of Coors Banquet! :)

Who didn't ya like as an actor? I thought everyone apart from larussos daughter was fantastic

It's got the worst all-round acting of any TV show I've ever watched.. The only reason it works is because of the 80s vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

It's got the worst all-round acting of any TV show I've ever watched.. The only reason it works is because of the 80s vibe.

Totally unbelievable, assult and drink driving and not a cop to be seen!!!!

I love it!!! :D:D:D:D

Advertisement