Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vermintide 2 out March 8th

• 15-02-2018 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Closed technical test is running now:
    Do not sell or give away the technical test key
    Do not stream on any platform, including Steam broadcasting
    Do not distribute screenshots, video, audio or any other media of the game
    Do not distribute information about game characters, enemies, heroes or otherwise
    Do not distribute information about game features and content such as weapons or abilities

I already bought 2 as i loved playing 1, really good horde game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually played the first one with a few of the lads here, was great craic....and I think it was only something like €25 when it was released as well?

That reminds me.....I never played actually Space Hulk: Deathwing after pre-ordering it. :eek:

Would definitely pick up Vermintide 2 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spacehulk was unplayable at release, its good but not a lot of people playing it online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to this, as i enjoyed the first one. Didn't play it as much as i'd have liked, but it looks like they've improved this in almost all areas.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Spacehulk was unplayable at release, its good but not a lot of people playing it online.

Should never have been released as it was. Absolute disaster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Also enjoyed the first one but it just faded away rapidly for me which is a shame.
    I cant put my finger on why exactly but other games seemed to come along to draw me away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dcully wrote: »
    Also enjoyed the first one but it just faded away rapidly for me which is a shame.
    I cant put my finger on why exactly but other games seemed to come along to draw me away from it.

Well once you have completed every map once, not much to draw back (item system was a hot mess). Hopefully the skill trees and alternate classes for each character will add a bit of variety.

Also, if you preordered on Steam the technical test is available. Just slapped my money down today and got instant access, d/l now. Hope it doesnt chug too much on my system, can get pretty process intensive when swarmed by squeakers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

No real interest, the first one was good but after several games, I hadn't earned any gear whatsoever and I wasn't interested in wasting any more time on a game that was that stingy with its loot. Couldn't play it with random public types cause you can't play any coop games with random public types. Great idea executed poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I tried to get into the 1st. But I found combat awful. Really wanted to like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea same here will be a pass for me, Had a really obnoxious community aswell never seen anything like it.

New trailer as its out next week.

Its quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

New trailer as its out next week.

Its quite good.
    I only played the 1st one for a few hours never really got to grips with the loot/drop system but it was a lot of fun to play. I think I'll go back and play a bit more before I decide on the 2nd though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Why is this game so cheap? €25 on Steam. Are they planning to hit us with a **** tonne of post launch DLC as they do with other Warhammer titles?

As far as I remember the 1st one was pretty cheap as well and a lot of the dlc was free or if your mate had it you could play it anyway I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

1st one sounds like a skinner box. Don't think I'll be getting this sequel unless they fix that.

I had to look up what a skinner box is. Stupid term imo, as you could call pretty much any loot based/mmo/moba etc... game a skinner box game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Many games rely on repetition and that's fine, but to describe a game as repetitive is usually a bad thing. I guess that's just how language works.

****ING HELL.

Thats in game footage not edited, that game looks exactly like that.

plz buy this game so me and links have more players to play with.

****ING HELL.

Looks incredible I'll be on after work this evening anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

****ING HELL.

better be good after that recommendation dude :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

What's this or the first one like solely as a 2 player? Is it just a waste of time with the bots? (I assume bots fill in that is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nice game. Been playing with Pugs for about 2 hours now and I'm enjoying the difficulty. Only cleared 1 map so far and came close on a second.

Dodging seems to abit crap. I normally use it to create space but when I try to dodge an attack from say a boss or Chaos Warrior rarely do I actually dodge the attack. Most times I would move to the side and still get clipped. Blocking seems so much better but there's only so much I can block with me dagger.

Any tips with the dodging? Or is it really just crappy?

I actually got a key with my new 8600K, so if anyone wants it for €10 I figure that's fair? I liked the first one a lot but I know I won't get around to playing this one. Still haven't touched Space Hulk...for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

^^ worth it, it's left4dead level good

I actually got a key with my new 8600K, so if anyone wants it for €10 I figure that's fair? I liked the first one a lot but I know I won't get around to playing this one. Still haven't touched Space Hulk...for example.

I'll give you a tenner for it, was going to be buying anyways

Gone I'm afraid to someone else who PM'd me!

Really enjoying this. Played a bit today, and it's very visceral, and a whole lot of fun. Mainly sticking with the elf, as i enjoy the daggers and now spears, but will try some other classes later. Already played it more than i did the first.

Kiith wrote: »
    Really enjoying this. Played a bit today, and it's very visceral, and a whole lot of fun. Mainly sticking with the elf, as i enjoy the daggers and now spears, but will try some other classes later. Already played it more than i did the first.

My main issue with the 1st was playing online with randoms, playing with illequine and pam from here and othes from another group was fine but randomers made life difficult.

Played 9 rounds in a row last night with the same random people and all of us working together, it was great except we failed every single mission....everyone of them on recruit.

We got 2 fcuking trolls on Against the Grain.....2!!!

The title says it all

https://www.pcgamer.com/vermintide-2-targets-late-april-for-steam-workshop-support-devs-working-to-remove-extreme-difficulty-spikes/

I dont mind the difficulty per se as I assume I will get a fire sword at some point and wont be utterly destroyed on Recruit forever.

Gone I'm afraid to someone else who PM'd me!

No worries, grabbed it last night as I figured why not support them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I dunno, I kinda like the extreme difficulty spikes, they throw a serious curveball - like the time we got a ratling gunner, the two Chaos warriors and that aquatic looking arsehole with the tentacle who heals at the same time at the start of Against the Grain.

Followed by a troll a few seconds later.

We managed to kill them but failed later on due to the healthpacks being stingey. Still loved it. Pure carnage.

• Advertisement

Yeah, i've enjoyed the random difficulty. Had a massive fight about 5 minutes into one of the levels, which took about 20 minutes. Just about managed to kill it, and then breezed through the rest of the level. Was really good fun.

So whats the progression like guys?
    Does the game have longevity compared to the first game?

Can't comment much on the first game, but there seems to be a good progression system in this. Each of the 5 classes have 2 additional sub classes, with a load of talent selections and weapons. Then crafting on top of that (though it seems pretty basic).

Yeah you can really make a good team based character if you apply the right perks.

Shame a basic stats system doesnt exist.

Anyone up for some games tonight or tomorrow?

I be on tonight

• Advertisement

I'll play at some stage tonight as well

The Twitch intervention thing looks hilarious.

Ive watched about 4 hours of streams lately and some of the high skill streamers like the guy in the video above really show how high the skill ceiling seems to be.
    To me it looks like diablo,doom,chivalry and vermintide had a baby,sounds great to me :P might pick it up.

*bump*

I got this in the Humble Bundle and it's a lot of fun, much improved from the first and pretty much addresses all the things I had a problem with in that I am getting plenty of loot, I'm getting new weapons after most games and I can craft right off the bat. Was playing as the Imperial Soldier dude and have unlocked his 2 additional classes now - will probably switch to the Knight for the charge skill. I find myself getting a lot less "lost" in the maps than I did in the first too. Am giving some serious thought to picking up the DLC's for it now.

Played a tonne of this over the xmas and for a while after but MHW won me over :P
    Just incase you werent aware you dont actually need the DLC once someone in the group has it so you will get to play it just via matchmaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Dcully wrote:
    Played a tonne of this over the xmas and for a while after but MHW won me over Just incase you werent aware you dont actually need the DLC once someone in the group has it so you will get to play it just via matchmaking.

Ah that's cool, didn't know that. I thought it had be a private group or something. I might go on later so to see what the craic is. I played the hell out of it for 2 weeks at release. Haven't really played much sense :)

This looks interesting but maybe not well thought out. Needs more bad guys to play as, the new DLC might help.

Chaos Wastes out now, realy never got into this or played too early and got to the point everyone else was way ahead of me. good game all the same.

Its free

Chaos Wastes is a great update, it's nice and simple, a linked series of levels that are randomly put together (hence the rogue-like tags it's getting) that you need to finish in their entirety to get the rewards. You can level up yourself and your weapons through shrines you find in the maps. My girlfriend and I just played through a map for the second time and it was a lot of fun. The maps are quite straightforward and are all the better for it (I found you could easily get lost or turned around on some of the main campaign maps). They've distilled the game down to its essence and for me, I'm a lot more inclined to play this game mode after several years of the other game modes.

Advertisement