Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaghan Route Planning [Split Post]

• 15-02-2018 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭

This isn't relevant to the original post but the thread title is broad enough to cover it I think.

I'm going to Monaghan next week and was looking at the eCars app which shows only a single SCP in Monaghan.

Google maps shows a fast charge point at the topaz on the N2 that doesn't appear on the app. I can see it on zapmap but it's not clear what type it is. There does appear to be a pair of 22kw socketed there though at least so I can get some juice.

I do all my charging at home usually but to avoid the anxiety I'd like to have an idea what I'm heading into. Is the eCars app a mile out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

this.lad wrote: »
    I'm going to Monaghan next week and was looking at the eCars app which shows only a single SCP in Monaghan.

Google maps shows a fast charge point at the topaz on the N2 that doesn't appear on the app. I can see it on zapmap but it's not clear what type it is. There does appear to be a pair of 22kw socketed there though at least so I can get some juice.

I do all my charging at home usually but to avoid the anxiety I'd like to have an idea what I'm heading into. Is the eCars app a mile out?

Pretty much all the charge points in this country are managed by eCars and their map is reasonably accurate about their location/existence.

Monaghan shows two sets of charge points.

1) Topaz, Emyvale rd.... 22kW and a 50kW Chademo rapid.... However, they show as "out of contact". This means you are taking a chance on whether they are in or out of service.

2) Old Cross Square.... 22kW.... in service.

I'd say call eCars and ask them. The rapid's serial number is C74SB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Calling ecars is no good, the fast charger has no connectivity and no remote monitoring.
    Check on plugshare.

Advertisement