Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York / San Francisco / Los Angeles trip

Options
  • 16-02-2018 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Planning to take a two week trip to the US at the end of March.

Will be spending 5 full days in New York, however I'm not sure how much time to put aside for San Francisco and Los Angeles? Should I be spending more time in LA or similar for both cities? I love just taking time to explore cities and the attractions. I'll have about 10 days in total between the two cities so just wondering if I should go half and half or more for one of them? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lmarieloos

I did a similar trip last April for 19 days. We flew from NY to SF, spent 3 days in SF and drove to LA. 3 days in SF was not enough, so much to see and do. I also wished I had more time to stop in places along the coast. LA is great but depends on what you want out of it, its a cool place to go and hang out and go shopping etc but doesn't have much in the way of 'tourist attractions' with the exception of Universal Studios and Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Great to hear you liked it.

I'll have 3 and a half full days in SFO so should be good! Will spend the rest of the time exploring LA and Hollywood etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If you only have 2 weeks then I would stay on the same coast. Or else you'll have 2 bouts of jetlag to get over.

Advertisement