Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - RDS - June 26th

Options
  • 16-02-2018 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Just seen this pop up on my bandsintown app. Checked the official killers website and its there too. Can't see any other info yet. If it's anything like the 3arena gig just gone it's going to be some night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Tickets on sale next Friday @9am. I'm fierce excited by this. The 3arena gig was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Franz Ferdinand supporting. Im down for this for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, for those who have been there since hot fuzz. Is it true Brandon is a great front man now? Or is that the songs are so good you don't care? Cause from 04-08 he was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So, for those who have been there since hot fuzz. Is it true Brandon is a great front man now? Or is that the songs are so good you don't care? Cause from 04-08 he was terrible.
    saw in 08 and again last november,
    like a completely different man! He's tremendous live now!
    capacity of rds/ would this sell quick?..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

R.F. wrote: »
    Franz Ferdinand supporting. Im down for this for sure

Haven't been a massive fan of the Killers last two albums, but if their set is top heavy with older material and throw in Ferdinand who are also a great live act, definitely one of the standout gigs this summer. See this one selling out pretty quickly, shame it's at the RDS though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

bennyl10 wrote: »

The Killer's (let's be honest it's Brandon and side men now seen as most of the band have left or stopped touring) are one of those few act's that seem to sell out here, plus with Franz Ferdinand as a support act. As long as it's not overpriced see this easily selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Not much sells out the RDS, not even Bieber

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I'm struggling with this. Saw The Killers last November in Belfast and they were great and just saw Franz Ferdinand on Saturday who were also brilliant. But don't know if i can justify €69.50 plus booking fee for a Tuesday night show. I know I'll be raging if i miss it though. Aarrgh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

I think there was a stage where he wasn't happy and it showed in the live gigs but when they played here last year he really was fantastic. I'll definitely be going to this but not happy with it being in the rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Yeah, the RDS is a poor venue choice in my opinion but I’m just glad they’re playing here at all! Their November shows were brilliant and as a true Killers fan, you wouldn’t even notice that Dave and Mark are missing. It’s a true testament to how much extra effort that Brandon, Ronnie and the rest of the lads have put in. Can’t wait for June! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

Not much sells out the RDS, not even Bieber

Is that so? Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

dmm82 wrote: »
    I'm struggling with this. Saw The Killers last November in Belfast and they were great and just saw Franz Ferdinand on Saturday who were also brilliant. But don't know if i can justify €69.50 plus booking fee for a Tuesday night show. I know I'll be raging if i miss it though. Aarrgh :(

Yep and outdoors too.... but they are fantastic!:o

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Yep and outdoors too.... but they are fantastic!:o

Yep. I dunno who I'm kidding. There's no way I'll be able to miss this :)

I'm having the same argument with myself haha!

I'm having the same argument with myself haha!

Haha :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

This will be a quick sell out I reckon.

What are we talking about capacity wise? Maybe 20,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Im wondering will be body be able for this and then the Roger Waters gig on the following night????

This will be a quick sell out I reckon.

What are we talking about capacity wise? Maybe 20,000?

35,000 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

saw their "secret" gig at Glastonbury last summer, and he was excellent. I'd imagine at their own gig with proper staging/lighting, he'd be even better.

https://vimeo.com/234097482

Im wondering will be body be able for this and then the Roger Waters gig on the following night????

I'm wondering the same!! They'll both be over by 11 though so I'll be planning on heading straight home after them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

35,000 I think.
    38000 I think, equivalent of 3 nights in the Point

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »

Seen them at Oxegen in 2007 over Daft Punk( Still regret it till this day) and i thought they were dreadful , Felt they were not ready for a headline slot. But after watching some of their recent tour videos they seem to be a completely different band , was raging i missed the 3Arena show so i shall be grabbing a ticket for this . Also the fact Franz Ferdinand as support will make it a great night , plus i get paid on friday so hopefully i can grab a ticket before i start work. Id love if there was a presale but cant see that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Can't wait for the RDS, Seen them everytime since oxegen 05 in ireland, Hopefully we get the same kind of weather we had for phoenix park that time....What a savage day that was,weather and concert wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Is this all standing or are there some seats? And if so price? I’m not as young as I once was!

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Is this all standing or are there some seats? And if so price? I’m not as young as I once was!

I'm assuming it's the same lay out as picture this a few days before and there's seats at that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Is this gig on ticketmaster yet as i can't see it? (just the gig details and pricing as i know its on sale on friday)

I'm assuming it's the same lay out as picture this a few days before and there's seats at that

Doubt there'll be seats on the pitch for this, more than likely all standing. But there's stands either side. (And at the back, but bring binoculars)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Is this gig on ticketmaster yet as i can't see it? (just the gig details and pricing as i know its on sale on friday)

More info on ticket master now including presale starting tomorrow wednesday, can't find any codes or sources for this yet, if any one has one to share would appreciate

I would be very grateful for any presale info too

• Advertisement

Doubt there'll be seats on the pitch for this, more than likely all standing. But there's stands either side. (And at the back, but bring binoculars)

Sorry AFAIK Picture This seats are at the side also?

Advertisement