Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - RDS - June 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Hey guys got myself both a Pitch 2 Standing and Gold circle ticket. Made a boob error for getting the Pitch 2 Standing thinking it was General Admission for anywhere on the pitch. Is Seatwave trusty and reliable is it a good way to sell tickets? It's a pdf so i know buyer's would be anxious to buy one as it can easily be a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Hey guys got myself both a Pitch 2 Standing and Gold circle ticket. Made a boob error for getting the Pitch 2 Standing thinking it was General Admission for anywhere on the pitch. Is Seatwave trusty and reliable is it a good way to sell tickets? It's a pdf so i know buyer's would be anxious to buy one as it can easily be a scam.

You can return them to ticketmaster for a small fee. Why be a tout and sell them on seatwave?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just had a check there and was offered 2 Gold tickets. I thought it would have sold out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Still Gold and Pitch 2 available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

Killers have played here an insane amount. Im surprised the gold tickets have not sold but I didn't expect this to sell quickly at all. I thought it was a very strange announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

bren2001 wrote: »
    Killers have played here an insane amount. Im surprised the gold tickets have not sold but I didn't expect this to sell quickly at all. I thought it was a very strange announcement.

Yeah, they only played in November. I'm sure a lot who saw them there won't be too bothered about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wheety wrote: »
    Yeah, they only played in November. I'm sure a lot who saw them there won't be too bothered about this one.

The 3arena gig was superb ,it would be very hard to top that or even come anywhere near it in a dump of a venue like the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Peter File wrote: »
    You can return them to ticketmaster for a small fee. Why be a tout and sell them on seatwave?

I had no idea you could return tickets
    How does that work?

The 3arena gig was superb ,it would be very hard to top that or even come anywhere near it in a dump of a venue like the RDS.

The fact its a Tuesday is not helping it either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

dragonfly! wrote: »
    I had no idea you could return tickets
    How does that work?

Its a new thing

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/fan-guarantee/

• Advertisement

"We'll exchange your tickets if you find better ones"

If I were the OP I'd just ask to exchange the tickets for the Gold Circle. I'd imagine you don't get your service fee back and there may be admin charges as well for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Still gold circle and great seated tickets available so is not selling as fast as they'd like.

I'd be all over this gig had I not been to see them in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Never knew you could do that. I sent a request hopefully goes through successfully. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

To be fair have any of the big outdoor shows in Ireland sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wasn't a fan of The Killers but my wife insisted we see them in Belfast last year. I thought they we brilliant, one of the most enjoyable gigs I've ever been too. Very surprised to hear Brandon Flowers wasn't much of a front man up till relatively recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There's a €6 fee to upgrade/change the tickets but no mention of a cost to return them?
    Up to a max of 3 returns a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Justin Bieber didn’t even sell out when he played there last year. It’s not exactly the best place for a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Claireyy wrote: »
    Justin Bieber didn’t even sell out when he played there last year. It’s not exactly the best place for a gig.

It's historically awful, going way back. The acoustics are brutal. I saw both Prince and Tina Turner there in the late 80s/early 90s. It was like listening to them thru blown speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Ed Sheeran has.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ed Sheeran has.

Until they release 10,000 "production" tickets.

• Advertisement

Picture This are now sold out in the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Picture This are now sold out in the RDS

HOW???

To each their own, but I'm kinda shocked about this.

Still Ill wrote: »
    HOW???

To each their own, but I'm kinda shocked about this.

I gave them a listen when I read it was sold out. No idea how!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

bren2001 wrote: »
    I gave them a listen when I read it was sold out. No idea how!

Teenage girls, they've got that market secured, which instantly means a ticket boost, because if under 16s have to be accompanied by an adult, that's 2 tickets instead of 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Picked up a pair of tickets today in Block H. Can't wait to hear these blow the place apart

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SRJD111

I know it’s early doors, but does anyone have any rough idea what time franz Ferdinand & then the killers are due on stage at? Just in terms of time to get there at from work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

SRJD111 wrote: »
    I know it’s early doors, but does anyone have any rough idea what time franz Ferdinand & then the killers are due on stage at? Just in terms of time to get there at from work

A rough guess would be 7/7.30 Franz and 8.30 for the Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

I've got 2 Gold Circle tickets but there is a row and seat numbers on the tickets. I thought Gold was standing? Can anyone clarify please?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Rafcam wrote: »
    I've got 2 Gold Circle tickets but there is a row and seat numbers on the tickets. I thought Gold was standing? Can anyone clarify please?

It's standing but they still need to have numbers on them to know how many they sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Ah okay, I was wondering if it might be something like that. Thanks a mill!

Advertisement