Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - RDS - June 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Anyone know of any buses travelling to and from the RDS?

Trying to book a hotel for the night but i can't see any which is within a suitable walking distance to the venue.

Mr.S wrote: »
    4 / 7 / 18 / 145 / 46a / 39a are the closest routes, and the Dart is 10 mins walk and the city centre is 20 mins walk away, so fairly easy to access.

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

Hi,

Just wondering what the story is with bringing bags into the gig?

Will be coming straight from work and will have backpack.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

I would leave it in work, most likely it won't be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Last few gigs for me, it was “no bigger than A4 size”. They were pretty strict at Kodaline, people’s big bags were taken off them and left lying on the grass out side the venue. Absolute free for all, albeit they had been emptied beforehand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I cant make this so I am selling my ticket for lower than face-value. PM me if you are interested.

Gates open at 5:30 right? Looks like we are set for a heat-wave next week. Be nice to have sunny weather it can make or break open air concerts tbh. Went to see The Rolling Stones in Croke Park last month and the weather was fab for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Gates open at 5:30 right? Looks like we are set for a heat-wave next week. Be nice to have sunny weather it can make or break open air concerts tbh. Went to see The Rolling Stones in Croke Park last month and the weather was fab for it.

Yep, gates at 5.30pm.

Really looking forward to this and the weather is going to be a massive bonus. Such a great feeling heading off to outdoor gigs in a pair of shorts etc.

Few pints around the city and Ballsbridge will set the gig up nicely.

Guessing we're looking at Franz Ferdinand being on around 6.45pm with The Killers around 8.45pm.

Sky Arts are showing their Royal Albert Hall gig tonight at 9pm and live coverage from the Isle of Wight Festival this Sunday night if people are looking to wet their appetite in advance of the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lennot

Any1 know is it the usual Beer/Wine Bar? Never been to a gig in the RDS. Need to see will I need Wednesday off :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

The bars can be quite poor at the RDS, usually long queues and they are outside the main arena so you have to leave the arena go outside to get your beer so depending on the queue it can take a little while, there might be those guys going around selling beers but as you know they tend to charge a bit more, 

It's not the best venue for a gig the RDS, must have been a struggle to get a venue hence why they are using the RDS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im raging im gonna be missing FF since ill be only finished work in Kildare at 5:45 so wont make it to the RDS for them , Seen them a good few times but they are just a great live band

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Im raging im gonna be missing FF since ill be only finished work in Kildare at 5:45 so wont make it to the RDS for them , Seen them a good few times but they are just a great live band

It's only a 45 minute walk from Kildare Street I'd say?

Yep, gates at 5.30pm.

Really looking forward to this and the weather is going to be a massive bonus. Such a great feeling heading off to outdoor gigs in a pair of shorts etc.

Few pints around the city and Ballsbridge will set the gig up nicely.

Guessing we're looking at Franz Ferdinand being on around 6.45pm with The Killers around 8.45pm.

Sky Arts are showing their Royal Albert Hall gig tonight at 9pm and live coverage from the Isle of Wight Festival this Sunday night if people are looking to wet their appetite in advance of the RDS.

Saw on the Irish Times that it be Franz Ferdinand be on a 7pm and the killers at 8:30pm. But we see when the time comes around.
    Should be a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I'm really looking forward to this and the weather will be a big bonus! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SteM wrote: »
    It's only a 45 minute walk from Kildare Street I'd say?

Co.Kildare sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Co.Kildare sadly :(

Oops, sorry :) Thought you might just be a slow walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Have to sell my ticket :( anyone looking for one in the Gold Circle let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I had a look on TM there and still seems to be a lot of seats left for this
    Yet I havent heard anything at all about this. Yet people were tearing the back of Taylor last weekend for having seats available?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Yet I havent heard anything at all about this. Yet people were tearing the back of Taylor last weekend for having seats available?:confused:

No outdoor gigs really sold out but I think there'll be a large day of bump for this, especially if exams are over, payday. I reckon it'll be around 25k on the night.

And the main issue with taytay was the second night when she only sold 40% of tickets for the first night, if the Killers announced a second night after selling only 10,000 tickets for the RDS, they'd be roasted too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Killers werent charging 150 euro for seats first day .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Jesus - I'll be happy out if our GAA club gets another 100 free tickets for a music gig.

I think you need to compare like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Really? I bought just the other day and had to scrabble around to get a decent one.

Never seen them live nor FF so well looking forward to this. Prefer the new funkier material to the old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

I’ve got 2 gold circle tickets with row F on them...Presuming it’s standing and not seated?? Surely it’s first come,first served as far as being as close to the stage as possible?? As in,those there the earliest will be closest to stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    I’ve got 2 gold circle tickets with row F on them...Presuming it’s standing and not seated?? Surely it’s first come,first served as far as being as close to the stage as possible?? As in,those there the earliest will be closest to stage??

It probably relates to Gate F if anything. There's no allocated places in gold circle standing

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Anyone know what the story with queuing is? MCD have said you'll be turned away if you turn up before doors but am wondering how strict they are?

Claireyy wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story with queuing is? MCD have said you'll be turned away if you turn up before doors but am wondering how strict they are?

Doubt it be that strict. I never been at a concert before doors were unopen. But it's doubtful they would care more than likely ask you to move away.

Best to keep an eye out on what other people say.

I'm so fecking hyped for this. Watching the Royal Albert Hall Concert and just so hyped rn. Saw the setlist in Swansea and it looks amazing. I won't spoil it for ye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm so fecking hyped for this. Watching the Royal Albert Hall Concert and just so hyped rn. Saw the setlist in Swansea and it looks amazing. I won't spoil it for ye ;)

Set list last night looked great.

Sky Arts & Sky One are showing 30mins of their set live from the Isle of Wight Festival tonight at 11.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

Does anyone know what alcohol is being sold at the RDS? The recent Ed Sheeran gig only had rockshore or wine.

Advertisement