Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - RDS - June 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Dylan94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what alcohol is being sold at the RDS? The recent Ed Sheeran gig only had rockshore or wine.

No idea. More than like Heinken and Orchard Thieves. They seem to be the main drinks served at concerts. Least from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Does anyone know what alcohol is being sold at the RDS? The recent Ed Sheeran gig only had rockshore or wine.

Just from looking at a few friends snaps last night picture this, it seems it’s just rockshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Does anyone know if there are bathrooms on site? And will there be food/alcohol served within the grounds? I have a gold circle ticket.

I’ve never been to an outdoor concert in the RDS before and just checked the faq section on mcd website, but it was not much help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Wine €7 maybe even €7.50.Meant to be poor tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Does anyone know if there are bathrooms on site? And will there be food/alcohol served within the grounds? I have a gold circle ticket.

I’ve never been to an outdoor concert in the RDS before and just checked the faq section on mcd website, but it was not much help

Yes there are bathrooms and yes they serve food/alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I was there last night , bars were a nightmare , separate tents selling different drinks, so there is a rockshore tent , and a hop house tent , bulmers and wine available too , no spirits from what I could see .

No organization and q was ridiculous , absolute free for all , hopefully they sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

There's surely some sort of hygiene issue there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There's surely some sort of hygiene issue there?

Tastes nicer than the beer from the bars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone been to any of the other RDS gigs this year? Is there a curfew?

Starting at 8:30pm, I'm wondering if we'd have time to get the last bus home from beside Rotunda rather than driving up.

It's a fair aul walk though. Can't see any chance of getting a taxi on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Doors at like 4:30. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

peejay1986 wrote: »

Starting at 8:30pm, I'm wondering if we'd have time to get the last bus home from beside Rotunda rather than driving up.

Not much hope realistically.

Although sleeping rough outside the Rotunda is a better option than having to go back to Ardee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

Hello everyone. This will be our first ever concert to see at the RDS, to anyone more experience, is it common for taxis to be available outside the venue in the aftermath of the show? (to go to the city center).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

peejay1986 wrote: »

It'll be over before 11. Just make sure that you are near the exit for the encore as it'll save you lots of time in leaving the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hello everyone. This will be our first ever concert to see at the RDS, to anyone more experience, is it common for taxis to be available outside the venue in the aftermath of the show? (to go to the city center).

There'll be a decent amount of taxis but could be tricky to get one given the crowds. There are multiple buses that will bring you in to town that stop right outside the RDS. It's not far at all to the city center from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Anyone know anything about parking?? I’m assuming there will be parking over in Simmonscourt where hall 8 is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Does anyone know set times for tomorrow nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

MCD are saying

Gates - 17:30pm
    Franz Ferdinand - 19:00pm

but no time listed for the main act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I’d imagine franz Ferdinand 7-8
    The killers 8:45 - 10:30/10:45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Gates 5.30pm

Franz Ferdinand 7pm

The Killers 8.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Might seem like a stupid question but with the fine weather is there any issues with with wearing shorts to the gig??

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭murtyd17

seligehgit wrote: »
    Might seem like a stupid question but with the fine weather is there any issues with with wearing shorts to the gig??

What issues could there be?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭the14thwarrior

are there seats in the gold circle\/

are there seats in the gold circle\/

No seats. Gold Circle is standing.

seligehgit wrote: »

Shorts are fine I assume. I'm debating going in shorts myself. Such hot weather out there. Even at nighttime it's very mild and humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

aggggh i thought the argentina game tomorrow evening would be meaningless! wonder what's the closest pub to the RDS to watch it and rush over for killers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

aggggh i thought the argentina game tomorrow evening would be meaningless! wonder what's the closest pub to the RDS to watch it and rush over for killers

There's 3 pubs beside it :) you could miss start of killers set if you stay for whole game though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Really looking forward to this one.

How are the DARTS after an RDS gig? Is it manic or do people dissipate nicely. Last time I was at this venue for a gig was probably 10 years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Killers at 9.00pm is the latest from MCD, looking forward to it now!

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1011608587439833088

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Because of perfect weather conditions, Franz Ferdinand are coming in loud and clear from the RDS to my room. The Killers up at 21:00. FF are currently playing 'Matinee'

Advertisement