Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - RDS - June 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I don't know the tunes of either band at all much and hadn't seen live before but tonite was brilliant.

Beautiful weather, perfect sound, chilled out crowd.

They opened with "The Man" which I think is the best of their hits (and produced by Dubliner Jacknife Lee no less).

The demographic was about 25 up to 70s. Surprised not a younger cohort there as they routinely show up for the older classic rock acts.

Makes you wonder WTF Aiken/MCD are thinking having Rog Waters and Killers on same night in a two mile radius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

That was claaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss.

What an evening. Franz have great voice/sound but ...

Brandon, man, that guy has energy.

You could see his teeth from space.

Savage gig, great stadium band. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw on another thread someone could hear the show in Drumcondra ??? Is that not the other side of Dublin and miles away from Ballsbridge ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

excellent sound was great. last 40 mins where great. great front man. what a voice

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw on another thread someone could hear the show in Drumcondra ??? Is that not the other side of Dublin and miles away from Ballsbridge ?

All depends on what way the winds are blowing.
    When I lived in Howth, I could hear RDS/Lansdowne Road/Croker gigs at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Another brilliant concert from The Killers! They played all of their best known hits and sounded spot on. RDS surprised me as a great venue too!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lambayire wrote: »
    All depends on what way the winds are blowing.
    When I lived in Howth, I could hear RDS/Lansdowne Road/Croker gigs at times.

pretty cool and amazing when u think of the size of Dublin

out of the wide list of bands ive seen live i have never seen the killers. will deff try and go next time there here

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

Heard the entire gig loud and clear from my sitting room in Portobello. Sounded like a great set mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Really enjoyed that. I was sad they didn't play their Dire Straits cover (romeo and juliet). The cover they went for was "The Whole of the Moon" by the Warerboys.

Our encore was easily the best they've played on tour. The way it was. Jenny was a friend of mine. Human. Mr Brightside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

errlloyd wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that. I was sad they didn't play their Dire Straits cover (romeo and juliet). The cover they went for was "The Whole of the Moon" by the Warerboys.

Our encore was easily the best they've played on tour. The way it was. Jenny was a friend of mine. Human. Mr Brightside.

Was looking forward to Romeo and Juliet myself.

What a gig tho. The encore was just superb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

I don't know the tunes of either band at all much and hadn't seen live before but tonite was brilliant.

Beautiful weather, perfect sound, chilled out crowd.

They opened with "The Man" which I think is the best of their hits (and produced by Dubliner Jacknife Lee no less).

The demographic was about 25 up to 70s. Surprised not a younger cohort there as they routinely show up for the older classic rock acts.

Makes you wonder WTF Aiken/MCD are thinking having Rog Waters and Killers on same night in a two mile radius.

Are the Killers "older classic rock" now? :D

What a show last night. Brandon didn't look well to me but holy **** he is a great front man.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ashdale5 wrote: »

What a show last night. Brandon didn't look well to me but holy **** he is a great front man.

What did you notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

He looked nothing but extremely happy to be doing what he was doing last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Great gig. Could be a wait until they are back again though. After battle born tour it was nearly 4 years of a wait until the 3arena last November. Would love to see them play in Vegas.

Jaysus if that's him not looking well, there's absolutely no hope for the rest of us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wheresthefibre

I was at the concert and it was great until a crowd of over drunk (barely standing straight) idiots squashed in and jumped all around the place, on top of everybody, pushing and shoving. I must have been unlucky because I moved to another spot and got hit in the face 😉.

Such a shame that some can ruin the experience for others by just acting the idiot. I ended up focusing on people around me and what they would do next rather than the concert 🙈🙈.

Brandon’s energy and enthusiasm had to be admired though and I thought the guy going up to play the drums was fantastic!

FF were very good too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just saw a clip there. The olé olérs were out.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Shlippery wrote:
    Jaysus if that's him not looking well, there's absolutely no hope for the rest of us!!

My wife said he's looking a bit skinny but still looks good. Think she was hinting as me to lose a few pounds. I wasn't really listening though I was too busy eating my Eddie rockets burger

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'd be one of the biggest Killers fans around, but I've sat out this entire tour due to the absence of Dave Keuning, without whom a Killers gig just feels analogous to going to see U2 when someone is temping for The Edge. To those who are longtime fans and went last night, if Dave decides not to rejoin the live band, are they still worth going to see without him there? Do they still pull off the classic guitar solos etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I'd be one of the biggest Killers fans around, but I've sat out this entire tour due to the absence of Dave Keuning, without whom a Killers gig just feels analogous to going to see U2 when someone is temping for The Edge. To those who are longtime fans and went last night, if Dave decides not to rejoin the live band, are they still worth going to see without him there? Do they still pull off the classic guitar solos etc?

This was my 3rd time seeing them and by far their best show.

In fairness Ted is very similar, if you closed your eyes it would be hard to tell the difference.

Plus he has been touring since Sams Town with the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Hi there
    I have been to The Killers every time they have been in Ireland since early 2000s
    I am a big fan of Dave but I have to be honest
    If you were listening blind you wouldnt know the difference

What was the story with the drummer "Danny" ? A plant? Someone who's been following the gigs? Certainly wasn't his first rodeo on the drums....he was fairly on the ball with all the cues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Gawd no I phrased that really badly! What I meant is that I was surprised the under 25s weren't there as half the Nile Rodgers gig was millennials and same as other "old" acts - of which The Killers aren't ;)

I agree I thought BF looked drawn and a bit gaunt but tons of energy evidently and was in great form. He has a very warm and personable stage presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wheresthefibre

Shlippery wrote: »
    What was the story with the drummer "Danny" ? A plant? Someone who's been following the gigs? Certainly wasn't his first rodeo on the drums....he was fairly on the ball with all the cues.

I did laugh and think what if I held up a sign asking could I drum and they took my word for it and left me up? I’ve never held drum sticks in my life lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

It was an excellent gig and the atmosphere was fantastic. I was in the golden circle & had a pretty decent view (although there was a group of people nearby who were smoking non stop for the duration of the gig which was a shame).

I saw the Killers last year in 3arena and aside from showcasing the same ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ tour set (complete with Baile Atha Cliath water-tower!), they played a relatively different set list, which was great.

Although I did miss the cover of Dire Straits’ Romeo & Juliet...... (Ruby don’t take you love to town would also have been class....), I really enjoyed the Whole of the moon cover - I love that song, but never really paid much attention to the lyrics. But when Brandon sang it, it was so clear and crisp :)

Love his tagline “We are The Killers, brought to you by way of FABULOUS Las Vegas Nevada”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Shlippery wrote: »

At the 3 arena gig a teenager got up and played keyboards ,his parents were beside us said he was planning it for a while , I'd say Danny was at the 3 arena gig just chancing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Absoutely fantastic last night.

Everything was perfect - the weather, the atmosphere and the performance.

Set list was immense.

Cracking night!!

(FF were top class also)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

What did you notice?

Just thought he looked very gaunt. I know he is thin anyway but looked very thin last night.

Having said that his performance and energy levels were outstanding and it was an absolutely belting gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Great Gig last night. Brandon is probably the best live vocalist I ever heard live. Tons of energy from him and the band. I would kill to look half as good as Brandon, the boy is built in god's image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

martin101 wrote: »
    Great gig. Could be a wait until they are back again though. After battle born tour it was nearly 4 years of a wait until the 3arena last November. Would love to see them play in Vegas.

Could be sooner than you think. Now that Mark and Dave are not touring it's mainly up to Ronnie and Brandon if they want to go on the road.
    Dave Keuning is as good as gone from the band imo. He doesn't seem to enjoy it anymore.

Halfway in this article, Brandon says Mark has been been working on music for the next record.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/im-a-student-a-sponge-a-thief-killers-frontman-brandon-flowers-talks-fatherhood-irish-connections-and-bonos-advice-36918694.html

Advertisement