Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - RDS - June 26th

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

I was at the concert and it was great until a crowd of over drunk (barely standing straight) idiots squashed in and jumped all around the place, on top of everybody, pushing and shoving. I must have been unlucky because I moved to another spot and got hit in the face ��.

Such a shame that some can ruin the experience for others by just acting the idiot. I ended up focusing on people around me and what they would do next rather than the concert ����.

Brandon’s energy and enthusiasm had to be admired though and I thought the guy going up to play the drums was fantastic!

FF were very good too! :)

Ya it's a real shame :( the odd weirdo(s) at concerts. Some guy grabbed my ass when I was recording the Waterboys cover. I was like wtf lol.

I been to 5 gigs in the past year and no matter what there's always somebody outta their head on drugs or drink and ruining the experience for others who are able to recall the gig the day after. But that's life i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw on another thread someone could hear the show in Drumcondra ??? Is that not the other side of Dublin and miles away from Ballsbridge ?

I'm dubious. Was on night shift in work and walked from Blackrock into Ballsbridge (I work near the Bridge pub) so walked past the front of the RDS at 21:30. All I could hear was a very muffled low noise. As drumcondra is effectively on the same side I'd be surprised if it was clearer or loud enough to make out 3km further away. I can't comment on the opposite side heading west towards Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I'm in Ringsend and the gig was as clear as a bell. As was the get-out, which went on till 3.30am :mad: the RDS seems to be the only venue without a work curfew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I'm dubious. Was on night shift in work and walked from Blackrock into Ballsbridge (I work near the Bridge pub) so walked past the front of the RDS at 21:30. All I could hear was a very muffled low noise. As drumcondra is effectively on the same side I'd be surprised if it was clearer or loud enough to make out 3km further away. I can't comment on the opposite side heading west towards Donnybrook.

If you were walking from Blackrock to Ballsbridge you would have been at the back of the stage the whole time as the stage front was facing North-west way...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Shlippery wrote: »
    What was the story with the drummer "Danny" ? A plant? Someone who's been following the gigs? Certainly wasn't his first rodeo on the drums....he was fairly on the ball with all the cues.

He had 'in ears' in his ears from the point he was lifted out of the crowd which I found very suspect in terms of it being an off the cuff invite up on-stage. There had to have been some vetting/planning.
    I'd be one of the biggest Killers fans around, but I've sat out this entire tour due to the absence of Dave Keuning, without whom a Killers gig just feels analogous to going to see U2 when someone is temping for The Edge. To those who are longtime fans and went last night, if Dave decides not to rejoin the live band, are they still worth going to see without him there? Do they still pull off the classic guitar solos etc?

While Dave is a staple to the original Killers sound and line, being missing from the stage loses nothing to their live appeal, visual as a band or sound. His replacement was given ample focus too for solos, running down the sides of the stage to each side of the crowd. He most certainly was not treated as just a fill-in guitar player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Shlippery wrote: »
    What was the story with the drummer "Danny" ? A plant? Someone who's been following the gigs? Certainly wasn't his first rodeo on the drums....he was fairly on the ball with all the cues.

They've had this tradition since the start of this tour that if you are near the front and have a sign with you you could be picked to come on stage with them
    You pick what song and instrument so I think it would be fair to assume he practised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Does anyone have some photos of the the night that they’d like to share.....?

(I’ll have a look through my phone and see if i have any to put up.... Although some of ye may have had a better position/view than I had relative to the stage.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was playing a footie match in Rathmines, and got treated to a very clear Franz Ferdinand set. Couldn't help but bop away to Take Me Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Just thought he looked very gaunt. I know he is thin anyway but looked very thin last night.

AIDS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

The Nal wrote: »
    AIDS

would you care to elaborate?

• Advertisement
Advertisement